We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First North PA Vacay help!!

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
371 posts
321 reviews
Save Topic
First North PA Vacay help!!

Hi! I am considering the Erie area for my family vacay. Anysuggestions on where we should look to stay. We can't afford the big water park hotels but we would like a CLEAN hotel with a pool. Thats all I really ask. Clean, under $100, pool.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First North PA Vacay help!!

There are many small chain hotels right off of I90. I have never stayed at any as I live in the area. If your going to be going to Preque Isle State Park, these hotels are a 10 to 15 min. drive.

You mentioned water park, Erie has Splash Lagoon, an indoor water park, and they do offer package rates. Maybe this will give tou and idea of what's in the area, and the rates.

Also by Presque Isle Park is Waldamere Amusement Park, fun for all ages.

Have fun!

Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First North PA Vacay help!!

It's been about 8 years since we were in Erie; however, we stayed at the Days Inn, 7415 Schultz Road. It was very clean, served a continental breakfast, and had a nice pool. There were several restaurants in the area as well. (The recent reviews of this Days Inn on this site appear to be mixed.)

We enjoyed visiting the Erie Zoo, the US Brig Niagara & Erie Maritime Museum, Waldemeer Amusement Park & Water World, Presque Isle State Park, and the Public Dock area.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
217 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First North PA Vacay help!!

I know you would like something under $100, but Spring Hill Suites lists a small suite with sofabed for $109. It's a new hotel and we have had visitors at work stay there and they are very happy with it. It is on Interchange Road, across the street from the Millcreek Mall. Literature says it has an indoor pool. Tons of restaurants around. No matter where you decide to stay, BOOK EARLY! Rooms in the area sell out quickly in the summer.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: First North PA Vacay help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Erie
Recent Conversations