We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper hotel

Altoona...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheaper hotel

Looking for a cheaper, with handicapped room in Erie for a wedding, most people are booked at the Bayfront Sheraton, wedding block sold out, anybody know this area and a cheaper hotel CLOSE to Sheraton, thanks.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheaper hotel

The closest hotel to the Sheraton is the Avalon downtown. I don't know which date you need, but they are showing most of their Saturdays sold out for the next two months and they do not list any handicapped rooms. The reviews for this hotel are not very good anyway. If it were me, I would book a hotel in the Millcreek Mall area, jump on I-79 to the Bayfront Highway that leads right to the Sheraton. 10-15 minutes at the most. In this area, you will have your choice of a number of nice hotels. I'm thinking Springhill Suites or Homewood. Many more hotels as you go south on Peach Street (Route 19). Book quickly, the nicest hotels are always full in the summer.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
3 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheaper hotel

I actually like the Holiday in express in Northest. Usually pretty affordable.

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheaper hotel

That's 20minutes further away than the others and not close to shopping, lots of restaurants etc. But if you like wineries, I guess that would be the place.

4. Re: Cheaper hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 23:18