We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel near Jerry Uht stadium

Which Erie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel near Jerry Uht stadium

I am visiting Erie in August for some Seawolves games and would like to stay somewhere near the stadium. Can anybody recommend any hotels? I know about the Downtown hotel and the Kinights INN, as well as the Avalon Hotel and Conference Centre. Any of these any good? safe? Any other options? Thanks for all help!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel near Jerry Uht stadium

The Avalon is the only one that is really close to Jerry Uht and it certainly has mixed reviews on this site. I understand that some renovations have been done. Not sure if you could request a remodeled room. The Sheraton on the bayfront is really nice, but a lot more money. Could walk there, but it is several blocks and, as with any city, you would want to use caution when walking late at night. During the day and probably early evening, not too much to worry about. Any other nice hotels are in other areas of the city, but not more than a 15 minute drive.

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel near Jerry Uht stadium

LOL the one reply to your post is right on. Avalon hotel hands down. I've stayed there. Guests for my wedding in July will be staying there. For the extra $20 you can get a renovated room...a must. Relatively safe area for downtown. Avoid the Knights Inn!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
15 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel near Jerry Uht stadium

Avalon should be a good option and it's just one block from the ballpark. No need to worry about walking that after dark. Well lit and very safe. A good pre or post game bar/restaurant is the Plymouth Tavern. Great atmosphere and prices and the food is good. Not a problem to bring in the entire family. Free popcorn also! The Plymouth is locatted at 11th & State and just one block from the hotel.

4. Re: best hotel near Jerry Uht stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:15