We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother's Day Brunch or Lunch Recco?

Which Erie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
175 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Mother's Day Brunch or Lunch Recco?

Hello fellow forumites!

We're coming home to Erie for Mother's Day and would like to take my 90 year old folks out to a nice place. They typically enjoy the lower end, not too fussy places like EatnPark, Taki's or The Livonia. We'd like to go a bit more upscale, but due to Dad's infirmity, we can't do a buffet.

He's not terribly easy to get out of the house and is self conscious of his shaking and limited mobility, so a long drive is probably not a good idea. Haute cuisine would be lost on them, but we'd love to find a charming place where they can experience upscale service and very good food.

All price ranges will be considered. Any suggestions?

I was born in Erie, but moved away when very young and usually only get home for reunions and funerals. The folks moved back home when they retired 25 years ago.

Thanks for your help!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
199 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother's Day Brunch or Lunch Recco?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Just not sure what the local restaurants are planning for Mothers Day. However, the Showcase section comes out in the newspaper Thursday morning and I will look in there and see if I come up with any recommendations for you.

Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
175 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother's Day Brunch or Lunch Recco?

Hello Mike,

Thanks so much for the reply and research. I wound up making reservations at the Bayfront as it seems to be the only game in town. We're here now, so thanks again for the kindness and have a great Mother's Day!

3. Re: Mother's Day Brunch or Lunch Recco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:16