We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
964 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Other towns/cities near Grove City

We are looking to visit Grove City outlet mall the second week of September and were wondering if there are other towns or cities, within a short driving distance, of less than 1 hour away, that we could check out for hotels. Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

Coming from Toronto down I-79 south, your best options will be Meadville, PA and Hermitage, PA. Both have new and safe hotels close to the interstate. (I really like the Holiday Inn Express in Hermitage) A third and more distant option is the hotels in Cranberry Township, PA which is another 40 minutes south of Grove City.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
690 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

On our last shopping trip to Grove City I left booking the hotel until the last minute. Nothing was available in Grove City and very little was left in Erie. We ended up staying in Franklin PA which was about 40 minutes to the Premium Outlet in Grove City. Franklin is a nice and quiet town and I think we will stay there again.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
690 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

On previous Erie / Grove City shopping trips we would usually drive from Toronto and stay at a hotel in Erie. We would go to Target and Millcreek Mall that night as there are a number of stores that aren't at Grove City. Then on the next morning we will drive to Grove City and shop, and if there is still anything to buy, we will go back to Erie. There are also so many more dining options in Erie.

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

Hermitage, West Middlesex, Mercer and Slippery Rock are all close to Grove City.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

similar question was just asked:

tripadvisor.com/…52469506

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

Mike E, I realized after I asked in another person's thread, in that link you provided, that I was hijacking someone else's thread and that I should start my own. Thanks everyone for your help. Anyone else have any more input?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
690 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

Pittsburgh is probably an hour south of Grove City. Not sure why no one has mentioned it. I have only stayed at the Hyatt, just because I was there to watch a Steelers game, and it was close (and very $$).

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

No problem... I just replied to the other one the other day, so was just pointing you to mine and other people's replies to that thread incase you didn't see it yet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

I appreciated that Mike E. Thanks.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Other towns/cities near Grove City

If you are coming the weekend of September 14th you must go to Sharon in the evening for Waterfire. Its amazing and there are 3 great places to stay - very near Grove City. Tara, Buhl Mansion or the Hampton Inn Suites in Middlesex. Sharon is turning into a cool arts town. I will be travelling up there that weekend just for Waterfire, its worth it.

Reply to: Other towns/cities near Grove City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted