We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

Which Hanover hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond In
3 posts
Save Topic
Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

I know the Hanover Diner closed up. We are visting from Richmond IN. If there is something in Gettysburg please let me know also.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

I'll look around this week to see. Are you looking for more of a diner like place, or something more expensive? Will you be on the north or south side of Hanover?

Richmond In
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

We will be staying at the Super 8 and I don't care what side of town the restaurant is on. I might even look in York.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

This is based on what was open as I drove by on Thanksgiving Day. I'll try to double check if there are any that you are interested in.

-Cross Keys Diner: Very crowded on Thanksgiving! No mention of being closed on Christmas Day on website. At the intersection of 94 and 30, north of Hanover.

-The Pike in Gettysburg: No mention of being closed on their website.

-Gettysburg Family Restaurant: Open on Thanksgiving Day. No website--I'll check if I'm out that way this week.

-The Avenue in Gettysburg: closed

-General Picketts Buffet: Was open on Thanksgiving.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

This is based on what was open as I drove by on Thanksgiving Day. I'll try to double check if there are any that you are interested in.

-Cross Keys Diner: Very crowded on Thanksgiving! No mention of being closed on Christmas Day on website. At the intersection of 94 and 30, north of Hanover.

-The Pike in Gettysburg: No mention of being closed on their website.

-Gettysburg Family Restaurant: Open on Thanksgiving Day. No website--I'll check if I'm out that way this week.

-The Avenue in Gettysburg: closed

-General Picketts Buffet: Was open on Thanksgiving.

Richmond In
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

Funny you mentioned the Cross Keys Diner. We were thinking about going there Christmas day. Will call all the places you mentioned to see if they are open. Thanks for all your help.

6. Re: Any restaurants open christmas day\ in Hanover PA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 20:37
Get answers to your questions about Hanover
More Hanover Topics