We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 Days in Harrisburg for work

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
749 posts
335 reviews
Save Topic
12 Days in Harrisburg for work

Hey all, i will be in Harrisburg for 12 days for work, from Aug 19-30. Obviously i will be working during the day, but i will have free time most nights and the one weekend. Not exactly sure where i am staying, but my office im working at is downtown on Front Street. I love baseball so i plan on catching a Senators game when they come into town the last week i'm there. Their stadium sounds pretty cool, on that island. What places should i check out? I will be eating on the company dollar so where should i go to eat? Any tips would be great.

Thanks in advance,

G Man

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

See thefirehouserestaurant.com. This restaurant has great food in a renovated firehouse downtown. You would enjoy it, I'm sure! There are river cruises down the Susquehanna. Your hotel should be able to give you more info!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

I agree with The Firehouse restaurant. I'd also recommend Da Pits Chicago Grill at 2101 North Second Street, Harrisburg and The Glass Lounge at 4745 North Front Street.

There are a lot of restaurants in downtown along Second Street - known as restaurant row.

If you like baseball, there are two other teams nearby - the York Revolution and Lancaster Barnstormers.

Also on City Island where the Senators play is a Water Golf mini golf course. In downtown Harrisburg there is an IMAX theater at the Harsco Science Center. If you enjoy history/museums, I'd check out the PA State Museum (open Sat & Sun) and take a tour of the State Capitol (open on Sat).

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

If you like history, a quick 30-minute drive down 15 South will bring you into Gettysburg - a great weekend day trip from Harrisburg.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
749 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

All great advice, thanks. About how far would it be to get to a game in York and Lancaster? Thanks,

G

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

About 30 minutes to York, 40 to Lancaster.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
749 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

All of this advice has been awesome. I have been to Gettysburg once before and it is beautiful. I am going to try to spend my Saturday there (i didnt know how close it was to Harrisburg). I definately am going to get to see the Senators and i'm now going to try to get out to see York and/or Lancaster. Thanks for the info and i will have my computer to come back and review the advice later.

G Man

7. Re: 12 Days in Harrisburg for work

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 21:16