We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

My DH and I will be in the area next week and are staying at the Raddison in Camp Hill. I was wondering if anyone could recomend a good place to eat in the area, where we don't have to drive much. We're not looking for dressy or fussy place, just good food and relaxing.

Also any really good places for breakfast.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

There are hundreds of restaurants within 5 miles so is there anything special you like or are you looking just for it to be convenient?

For breakfast there is a Perkins right across the parking lot. (They are open for lunch and dinner also.)

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

I am in agreement with former post that there are a multiplicity of choices in this area for dining. A couple of places I would like to recommend:

A local chain named Isaac's is a great place for lunch. They feature delicious sandwiches, homemade soups and salads, great service. It is a casual environment, but many business people also meet there for lunch. One of their stores is located south of your hotel a couple of miles just off of route 15 at the Rossmoyne Exit. It is located right next to the Hampton Inn in a business park. Head south on route 15 and watch for signs for the Hampton Inn. See isaacsdeli.com for menus and details.

A fun place to eat dinner is across the river in Harrisburg. It is a restaurant with great food, located in a renovated firehouse. It is called The Firehouse Restaurant. See thefirhouserestaurant.com for address and menu. First floor is noisy and pubsy, but there are two more floors with quieter ambiance, wonderful food, good service.

If you like Mexican, there is a great Harrisburg chain called El Rodeo, which is quite reasonable with very good food. They have an outlet in Camp Hill. Ask at the front desk for directions (5 minutes from your hotel).

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

thanks for the idea's. We're just looking a for place with really good burgers. Like I said not dresses, and not real fussy food, but good food. We have to drive quite a ways to get to the hotel, closer is better.

Thanks

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

If you are looking for a good burger, I'd recommend Five Guys at 4810 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg. It might be 3 miles or so from your hotel. It's not a fancy place, but clean and the burgers are delicious. Just don't be fooled by the term "little hamburger," that means it's a single burger, the regular burgers are doubles. All toppings are included in the price and you can choose as many as you want. The portion size of the fries is huge, depending on your appetite, a regular size will feed two people.

http://www.fiveguys.com/menu.aspx

5. Re: Places to Eat in or near Camp Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 16:18