We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

Which Harrisburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

I'm looking to buy some good fishing waders. What store would have the best in stock selection in the Harrisburg area? We'll be driving through in March.

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

Your best bet is probably Bass Pro Shop located at 3501 Paxton Street, Harrisburg. It is located about ten minutes from downtown. See www.basspro.com. A second possibility would be Cabela's, a huge sporting goods outlet located about 45 minutes east just off of I-78 at the Hamburg exit. Tourists come from out-of-state just to visit this mammoth store. See www.cabelas.com. Enjoy!

Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

Thanks,

So it sounds like Cabela's has the bigger store? I know of them through their on line store and they have great stuff!

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

Cabela's is, indeed, the larger store. You may wish to spend part of a day touring it, if you have the time. Plenty to see!!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

Hello,

I agree that Cabelas is an unusual store with a large inventory, but it is several hours from Harrisburg. Bass Pro is in Harrisburg and has more than enough inventory. Check out bass fishing on the Susquehanna River for muskie, bass, walleye, and catfish. Boiling Springs is a good place for trout fishing. The fiber dam at Sunbury (1 hour north of Harrisburg) is a popular spot this time of the year.

Good luck!

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

That is dead wrong. Cabela's is just under an hour NE of Harrisburg. We go to both stores often. If you don't want to leave the Harrisburg area, Bass Pro is just fine. But, we have shopped for waders at both stores, and Cabela's does have the better selection. If you are considering a day trip up that way (you can easily spend a couple hours at the store, and it has a cafeteria inside for a meal) then consider going another 30 mins. north to the Yeungling Brewery - oldest continually operating brewery in the U.S., and a GREAT tour!

6. Re: Fishing Equipment Harrisburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 05:18