We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hall, church or restaurant for a bridal shower???

Which Harrisburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
214 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hall, church or restaurant for a bridal shower???

Hi I am not familar at all with Harrisburg. I live in Lancaster county near the chester county line, but I am in a wedding for a girl that lives in Lewisburg. We are considering Harrisburg as a shower location to make the distance reasonable for all invited. I am trying to keep this on a tight budget so I was wondering if anyone knows of churches or halls in the area that allow teh room to be rented for a small fee? Or any restaurants that offer great luncheon specials with a decent room for a shower?

Thanks

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hall, church or restaurant for a bridal shower???

That's a tough question. I know from past experience, it is not cheap to rent a space for a shower/party. Most churches/fire halls require that you be a member to rent their facilities. The Old Country Buffet on Jonestown Road has a separate room that my past company has used for luncheon meetings. We reserved the room, purchased the luncheon buffet for all those in attendance, and were able to conduct a meeting and eat in the room that has doors that close. I don't know if the OCB still provides this service but it's worth a phone call 717-657-6290. If I think of any other tight budget locations, I'll let you know.

Edited: 13 September 2010, 19:07
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hall, church or restaurant for a bridal shower???

After looking more in depth at the Old Country Buffet website, they do have banquet facilities at the Jonestown Road location available at no additional charge to host your group meal.

http://hosted.where2getit.com/buffets/

3. Re: Hall, church or restaurant for a bridal shower???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 07:41