We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

Hi All,

I am looking for recommendations on which establishment has the best tastiest burger in the Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area. I would love to hear some tripadvisor member's feedback!

Thank you!

SpencerGrouponHarrisburg

Harrisburg...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

Some places to check out would dependant upon atmosphere, and your time limits.. I grew up in Harrisburg so I cant speak for York or Lancaster.

#1 The Glass Lounge.

Hands down the best burgers and steaks in the burg.. medium priced estashblishment. Has a bar but best to take your time and have a seat. It gets busy so if its a weekend after 4, its best to make a reservation.

Their burger itself is hand pressed beef seasoned lightly. with a large bun. Just great meat.. not overdone.. and always cooked to perfection to your request.

http://theglasslounge.net/

The Glass Lounge

4745 N. Front Street

Harrisburg, PA 17110

FAX 717.221.9091

2.) The Jackson House

This place is sorta to Harrisburg and burgers what Ginos is to Philly and cheesesteaks. A small establishment with limited seating.. that packs em in and gets em out.. best on the go. always good. good portions, Hand pressed burgers always overflowing.. boasting breads from philly's italian markets and meats and veggies from nearby broad st market. only the freshest here! Has semi funny hours so check or call first.

If your on the go.. especially on the weekday this is the place! Old school atmosphere, in downtown setting..

The jackson House

1004 North 6th Street

Harrisburg, PA 17102-1401

(717) 238-2730

3.) Nathans Cafe

I will probly regret posting a rave about one of my favorite dives on the internet. but Im letting the cat out of the bag. Though ranked 3rd this is my most frequented establishment. Its a bar 1st resturaunt 2nd, with a slightly rough around the edges atmosphere. The burgers are always hand pressed and of good size, always cooked to your liking.. if your looking for a bar atmosphere.. and really good food.. this is your spot. If you make it here, its a must to try the cafe chips as well.. sliced fresh patatoe chips fried and baked with layers of cheese and bacon.. OMG!! its a reciped for a clogged artery but a must have!!

Nathans Cafe

201 North Enola Road

Enola, PA 17025-2414

(717) 728-7526

I will give honorable mention to a Tristate company that has a great burger with excellent fries.. Tho only reason I didnt put it in my tops is its a liitle too close to fast food.. and is a bit mainstream.. always in a popular area..

Without further adoo! Five guys burgers and fries! always hand pressed then refrigerated the morning before served.. the fries are hand ccut everyday.. and I think they make thier own peanut oil? always a truckload of peanuts there.. several locations.. so pick one out here..

again I recomend one of the above 3 over this as they all create more atmosphere and have more charisma.. and its really not the best burger.. just the best quick burger..

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

I would echo the previous poster's comments about The Glass Lounge. Their burgers are definitely great!

http://theglasslounge.net/

I also agree that Five Guys serves an excellent burger and fries. It is a chain and doesn't offer much in the way of atmosphere, but still a great burger. There are many Five Guys located throughout the Harrisburg/York/Lancaster area.

http://www.fiveguys.com/locations.aspx

3. Re: Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 01:35
New Jersey
Level Contributor
739 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

Five guys burgers in Lancaster!

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g52970-d22…

What a discovery since there are none in the area I live in. Read my review!

5. Re: Best Burger in Harrisburg - York - Lancaster area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 14:18