We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the beaten path restaurant?

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
275 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Off the beaten path restaurant?

We will be spending Friday afternoon in Gettysburg then driving back to Harrisburg. We are looking for a rustic, off the beaten path restaurant with a lot of character between Gettysburg and Harrisburg. It doesn't have to be fancy and we aren't looking for a chain.

Thanks for your time and replies and we can't wait to visit your area.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
275 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off the beaten path restaurant?

Not this Friday but a Friday in September.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,819 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off the beaten path restaurant?

I don't normally recommend somewhere unless I have personally eaten there; however, I will make this suggestion. Allenberry Resort & Playhouse is somewhat off the beaten path and in a beautiful location along the Yellow Breeches Creek. I have attended many plays in their playhouse but haven't eaten there.

http://www.allenberry.com/index.html

Connecticut
Level Contributor
352 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off the beaten path restaurant?

You might like cafe bruges in carlisle, pa.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off the beaten path restaurant?

Another Boiling Springs option is the Boiling Springs Tavern. Rustic, a little more on the fancy side but not too stuffy, nice specials. After dinner, you can walk around the lake or take the paved trail to see the spring that gave the town its name--it's not hot, but bubbles up to the surface so that it looks like it's boiling.

5. Re: Off the beaten path restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:21