We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

Which Harrisburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYer in DC
2 posts
Save Topic
Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

I will be traveling to harrisburg for 2 weeks in Feb 2007. I need a safe, clean hotel for 13 nights. The cheaper the better, however as a female traveling alone my main concern is safety.

Thanks!

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

When we were in Harrisburg a few years ago, we stayed at the Days Inn North on Front St. at I-81. It was in a nice, safe area, clean, had a beautiful view of the Susquehanna River and a complimentary breakfast buffet, all for under $100/night. It is also convenient to the State Capitol area. I just looked it up again here on TA since it has been a few years since we stayed there and it still gets great reviews and is rated #6 out of like 43 hotels in Harrisburg by TA users, so I would guess that it is still as nice as we found it to be. You might want to check it out. : - )

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

What areas of Harrisburg do you want to be close to - the city or somewhere in the suburbs? This will help in recommending a hotel.

NYer in DC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

I'm not sure. All I know is I need to be in Harrisburg, not a suburb. thanks

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

There is a very new Super 8 on Allentown Boulevard that is worth checking out, as is the Days Inn North that a previous poster mentions.

camp hill, pa
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

days inn, n front street, 68 bucks a night, safe not too far and as cheap as you'll do. i'm a local, so if you want restaurants etc.. let me know.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

It would be helpful if you new what area of Harrisburg...downtown or even Colonial Park has a Harrisburg address. If you stay at Days Inn you could end up being quite a distance from where you need to be. Let us know.

7. Re: Need safe clean hotel in harriburg on budget!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 23:18