We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hersheypark advice for a mixed age family

Davis, California
1 post
Save Topic
Hersheypark advice for a mixed age family

I am planning a trip to Lancaster, and was going to spend one day in Hersheypark. However, after reading some of the posts, I am asking for advice on the following.

My kids are 6 and 10, and the oldest one doesn't like rollercoasters.

Is it worth it to go to HersheyPark, or should I just go to Dutch Wonderland instead?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland
2,046 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
PA/NJ
Level Contributor
46 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hersheypark advice for a mixed age family

Definetly, go to Hershey--not dutchwonderland. Your 10 year old will be bored and possibly 6 year old too.

Go to Hershey, they have lots of rides for all levels of thrill-seekers. Tilt-Ter-Whirl, The Whip, The Swings, Log Flumes, Ferris Wheel, etc

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,119 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hersheypark advice for a mixed age family

I agree with the previous poster. Hershey would be better. My daughter is almost 9, and she has loved Dutch Wonderland in the past, but as time passes, I see her interest diminishing.

Hershey is opening up a new attraction this year called the Boardwalk. It looks like fun if the kids enjoy water parks. Hershey can be hot in summer, and I think the Boardwalk will do quite well. Chocolate World is great too! The tour is nice, and the kids will love the shop where there is almost any kind of candy bar imaginable. The park opened a Reese's Cup Challenge last year that is a fun house concept where you compete with others at "shooting" targets. It sounds a lot like the Buzz LightYear attraction at Disney.

Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hersheypark advice for a mixed age family

I would go to Hersheypark.

It has more rides, which appeal to kids of all ages. Even if your kids are not roller coaster fans, there are still plenty of rides. Dutch Wonderland, although nice, is meant for young children. Your 10 year old wil probably be bored, and the 6 year old may have fun, even though there are not many rides.

Mentioned in this post
Hersheypark
Hersheypark
6,200 Reviews
Hershey, PA
Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland
2,046 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
4. Re: Hersheypark advice for a mixed age family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 10:18