We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey area with grandchildren

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Topic
Hershey area with grandchildren

I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to take my daughter, and her two children boy (8) girl(5). Planning June 30 thru July 3.

1) Place to stay?

2) Hershey park, and Dutchland ?

3)Anything else in are for kis that age?

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

Kids this age typically love Strasburg Railroad. Located a couple of miles from Dutch Wonderland, enjoy a short trip on the railroad thru Amish countryside. See www.strasburgrailroad.com.

North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

Thanks jourmeyguy,

Do you know anything about La Quinta Hotel near Airport? Harrisburg?

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

Sorry, I know where the hotel is, but have never stayed there. Reviews on TA are mixed, at best. There seems to be an emphasis on the cheap pricing. If you can afford a bit more, I would highly recommend the Wingate Inn, which is less than a mile from the hotel you suggest. Another good choice close by--Hampton Inn (East Harrisburg). Both have a very nice continental breakfast with some hot choices, as well. Very nice suites at Homewood Suites (Harrisburg East), but you are definitely talking quite a bit steeper cost.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

Hi! There's a lot for kids in the area. Here are some suggestions:

-We find Dutch Wonderland to be great for younger kids. It's now owned by Hershey so there are combination tickets.

-The Children's Museum in Lancaster is lots of fun. Great to keep in mind in case it rains.

-Hershey Gardens is a great place to visit. They have a Children's Garden that is lots of fun, with a butterfly house, misting Kisses, and lots of sensory activities. Great place for pictures as well!

-Chocolate World-free and cool.

-I second the Strasburg idea

-Isaac's is a local chain that you'll find in both Strasburg and Hershey. It has kid-friendly food and good sandwiches--nice place for lunch or takeout.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

-We find Dutch Wonderland to be great for younger kids. It's now owned by Hershey so there are combination tickets.

-The Children's Museum in Lancaster is lots of fun. Great to keep in mind in case it rains.

-Hershey Gardens is a great place to visit. They have a Children's Garden that is lots of fun, with a butterfly house, misting Kisses, and lots of sensory activities. Great place for pictures as well!

-Isaac's is a local chain that you'll find in both Strasburg and Hershey. It has kid-friendly food and good sandwiches--nice place for lunch or takeout.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

7. Re: Hershey area with grandchildren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 17:18