We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate SPA? Best Anniv Restaurant?

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate SPA? Best Anniv Restaurant?

I'd like to do some sort of Chocblate treatment ----

I do not yet know what's involved......

My hubby & I have anniv #15 -----

but we'll have our 10 & 12 yo girls w/us-------

Gee, maybe I can get a treatment for MYSELF that day?

Maybe we can go out to eat a great place that nite?

We are staying at the Hershey Hotel!!!!?

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
431 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate SPA? Best Anniv Restaurant?

I just responded to your question about what to do in Hershey for two days, but I can address this as well.

I enjoy the Chocolate Spa and use it as my frame of reference when I think of a spa experience. The first thing you should know is that this is the perfect spa to go as a couple since all of the relaxation rooms are co-ed. (We went to a spa resort in Mexico for our 15th anniversary last year and we were disappointed when we found out that all of the relaxation areas were gender specific - my fault for making an assumption)

Have you gone to a spa before? The chocolate treatments they talk about are just regular spa treatments using chocolate. There are also alot of Cuban-inspired treatments because of the sugar manufacturing plant that Mr. Hershey had in Cuba.

The best part about the spa is the pampering and atmosphere. I wouldn't say that the treatments here are any better or worse than anywhere else, but you feel like a queen the whole time. I would recommend eating at the Oasis - there is something about eating a nice meal in a bathrobe overlooking the gardens at the Hotel. If you and your girls are ok with either being alone in their room or in the Kids Club that the Hotel has, I say go as a couple. If you are going to be worrying about them, I say do it by yourself or at another time. You need to be able to just sit back and relax in the opulance of being waited on and pampered. As a mom, I know you won't be able to do that if you are worrying about the kids.

The Circular Dining Room in the Hotel is great. Very expensive, but very nice. If you want to go there, make reserveations as soon as possible. I have always enjoyed the food when I've gone, but I have met many people who feel that it is only ok - especially considering the price. I guess my advice is that if you are a gourmet, you might be disappointed (but I never have.)

Alot of people recommend the Union Canal House, but I have never understood why. Similarly priced to the Circular Dining Room, but I have never enjoyed the food there and the atmospehere is not nearly as special. My husband has the same feelings and has gone there much more than I have for business dinners.

I would recommend the What IF Cafe. It looks like nothing from the outside, but the inside is very nice and the food is consistently good.

Those are the "nice" dining options I would offer up, but since you are staying at the hotel, I would try the Circular Dining Room. If you are looking for something less formal, let me know and I can give some suggestions. Either way, don't forget to stop at the Iberian Lounge in the Hotel for a nightcap (with out the kids). It is an old-world type venue. Neat little place that sometimes has live entertainment on the weekends (jazz, acoustic type) You can have a little anniversary dance,too!

Again, let me know if you have any other questions.

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate SPA? Best Anniv Restaurant?

Thank you!

I went to all the sites & made printouts!

Now,

What can you rec. in Old City of Philly? --- places to eat that are fun or have personality & of course good?

Anything to rec that sorta Amish on the way from Philly to Hershey?

3. Re: Chocolate SPA? Best Anniv Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 12:22