We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel hersey or not?

Massapequa Park...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel hersey or not?

Just booked a three night stay for the end of July for the Hotel hershey with my husband and two children. Based on what is available at this time and for the kind of hotel we would like to stay in, our only other options were the courtyard Marriot and the Sheraton. Reviews also did help alot on narrowing down our decision. Yes the prices are different, (at least $125.00 a night) but are willing to pay it if the experience will be noticed.

Also this would be our first visit there as a family.

Any comments based on experiences on any of this hotels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel hersey or not?

Hello tees...well I just returned with my son and 4 1/2 yr old grandson from Hershey just today! We did stay at the Hotel Hershey the first night and then the Hershey Lodge the second and third night. The Hotel Hershey is really something to see! Beautiful grounds and lovely rooms. However, I did feel a bit more comfortable at the Lodge. It's so kid friendly, and just the atmosphere is more comfortable. And so many activities for the kids! You will definitely get a discount on the Hershey Park Tickets and the best part is you can go in the night before and preview the park for a couple of hours. The shuttle bus picks you right up in front and will take you right over there. Both the Hotel Hershey and the Lodge are so close to the park. You also don't have to wait on lines to get in. We had a ball! You will definitely be impressed with Hotel Hershey. I did like it very much but will probably go back to the Lodge. As I said before, I just felt more at home there. Enjoy!

Thorndale...
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel hersey or not?

The Hotel Hershey is VERY nice, but I prefer to go there without kids. I think the kids would like the Lodge and Convention center better. The Lodge is more kid friendly, where the Hotel Hershey is more formal and reserved....

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel hersey or not?

I agree with both posts regarding kids - but how old are your children? Depending on their age, temperament (and maybe gender) the Hotel could be a huge treat and trip to remember.

I agree that for a very young child, staying at the Hotel could be stressful, but for school age children (even young ones) it could be very fun.

Keep in mind that a stay at either the Lodge or Hotel usually includes free passes to the Hershey Musuem and the Hershey Gardens. The free shuttle to Hersheypark is a nice convience (and saves the $10 parking fee) and can also be used to go to ChocolateWorld and the HersheyMuseum since they are in the same complex. You can walk to the Gardens from the Hotel.

If you stay at the Hotel on a Friday or Saturday night, there are jazz performances on the veranda beginning at 7pm or so (family friendly, though mostly an adult crowd) and you have a great view of the Saturday night fireworks.

I hope you have a great trip to Hershey!

Massapequa Park...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel hersey or not?

Thank you all for the informative responses on picking the best hotel for our hershey stay. I did check with the hershey lodge and there is no availabilty for our needed days, so I guess it's Hotel Hershey, here we come! It does sound very nice and we are really looking forward to this trip. By the way our children are 11 years old(pretty mature for his age)and my 5 year old, who is typical for her age group(when not acting like me in a pint size version) so I hope the hotel Hershey is ready for us! LOL. The good thing is we tend to like these kind of hotels, so I hope all works out. Will post a review when we get back.

Thanks again for all your info. & I hope you all enjoy the rest of the summer! :o)

5. Re: Hotel hersey or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Hershey