We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Park Boadwalk

New York, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hershey Park Boadwalk

This is a very unsafe attraction with park supervision being little or none. There are "lifeguards" on the entry level but once you start ascending to the water slide levels, you can literally be drowned by guests misusing the provided water features.Hershey, get some lifeguards monitoring guests on the upper platforms!!

Two stranger teenage girls sprayed my 10 year old in the mouth with a contraption that resembled garden hose at close range and they followed him with it- when I asked them to stop they did it stronger. He felt completely unsafe and threatened and I had no control over the force of the water.

It looks fun from the outside, but if the rest of the rides in Hershey are run the same way. oh boy, you are no way in safe hands.

Go to the beach instead!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey Park Boadwalk

Sadly I have heard similar complaints from other people about the Boardwalk. My own personal opinion is pretty much everything about the Boardwalk area of the park is a disaster and it is very much unlike any other water park I've been at. The lines to even get into the small wave pool or East Coast Waterworks area can be ridiculous. On my last visit the entire Boardwalk area was jammed with wall-to-wall people. I know that doesn't bother many people but it's not my idea of fun. Fortunately, I have never encountered problems of this magnitude in other areas of the park.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey Park Boadwalk

I would contact the management about this before someone gets hurt. They should welcome the information. I would not want to use anything I did not feel safe about!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
112 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey Park Boadwalk

You have to wonder what HersheyPark execs. were thinking when they put in this Boardwalk area. It is FAR from a full scale waterpark, and just doesn't work. Its too congested, not enough attractions, limited room for expansion, etc. It seems like there would be other options in this rural area for them to put a separately gated full-scale waterpark. They closed their rapids ride (which was a great ride) in August for future expansion, but this section of the park is just crazy. If people are going to HersheyPark, I wouldn't even bother with the Boardwalk!

4. Re: Hershey Park Boadwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:22