We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

Hi All,

I have a few questions. My husband and I are staying at the Hershey Hotel In October. He will be on business Mon-Thur that we will be there. I will be on my own these 4 days. I looked on Trip Advisor for things to do near the hotel that are safe and interesting. I would like to go to Hershey Gardens and do the trolly tour. Does anyone know if these are all walking distance to the Hershey Hotel?

I really do not want to have to drive while I am there. I am really looking forward to this trip!

Thanks for your help!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

We have stayed at the lodge before and they have bus service to the gardens/park/zoo/factory. You get the trolley tour from where the factory tour is. This factirt tour is cute, really more for kids, think disney ride, but enjoyable for one go through as an adult. You can shop for treats or get an ice cream while you are there. I am sure with the Hotel hershey being more upscale they too have the same bus service.

Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

The Hershey Gardens are pretty much across the street from the Hotel Hershey so you can definitely walk to them.

If you like to shop, the Outlets at Hershey are very close to the Hotel Hershey. It is very possible the hotel would provide a shuttle to the outlets as well as the various Hershey attractions.

Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
437 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

If you will have your car with you don't even worry. Hershey is just not that big and everything is close. Unfortunately the trolley is not a step on/step off sort like you see in many tourist towns.

If you will not have a car, the Hotel Hershey does have a sedan. I would imagine you just need to speak to desk staff.

The Gardens are definitely within walking distance...and definitely worth a day. They are beautiful! I believe that you can even get a free admission ticket upon check in to the Hotel.

If I were you, here are the things I would look into doing while in Hershey:

1/Hotel Hershey - if you like spa treatments, go to the Spa at the Hotel Hershey! If you bring a good book, you could turn this into a whole day of relaxation! One treatment allows you access to the Spa for as long as you want to stay. It is relaxing and very beautiful. On nice days, you can even sit on the veranda or have lunch outside.

The Hotel has their own small garden on site. Their is also a walking trail but that may be impacted by the construction going on at the Hotel.

If you like history, I would inquire about a tour of the building. I know that they are offered at various times. The Hotel Hershey (and most of the "significant" buildings in town) are celebrating their 75th year this year.

Also just walk through the Hotel. The pictures that line the hallways are historic photos of M.S. Hershey, the town, the school, and Hershey, Cuba.

If you like these foods, be sure to get the She-crab soup at the Fountain Cafe and the Peanut Butter Pie at any of the food venues.

2/Take the Trolley Tour (located at Chocolate World) to get an overview of the town its history. There is alot more to Chocolatetown, USA than meets the eye! Be sure to visit Chocolate World while you're there - but understand the "factory tour" is just a ride. There are no more public tours anymore.

3/Visit the Milton Hershey School to see where M.S. and Kitty Hershey's heart still resides. It is an amazing place that too few people even knows exists. Founder's Hall offers a short film and tours.

4/The Outlets at Hershey is not as large as alot of outlet centers, but nice all the same if you like to shop.

5/Unfortunately the Hershey Musuem is currently closed, but if you like history, go to the Derry Twp Historical Center (across from the outlets). It is a small but very interesting collection of the area and it's people.

6/ZooAmerica is a small zoo of North American animals only but is a nice diversion if you enjoy watching animals.

Obviously I can go on and on about the town. If you have any other questions or particular interests, please feel free to ask.

Hope you enjoy your several days here!

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

Thank you HersheyFolks and every one else for your suggestions. As I have said before, this is a very friendly and helpful website! Happy travels to everyone!

5. Re: Hershey Hotel Garden/Trolly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 04:15