We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey park discounts?

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
3 posts
Save Topic
Hershey park discounts?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of any hershey park discounts yet for the 2009 season.my family and i are going in july and i was starting to plan?

thank you

dawn

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey park discounts?

Traditionally Giant Food Stores offer discounts prices on admission tickets. I don't see anything posted on their website yet so I'd advise you to keep checking - closer to the opening of HersheyPark, they will probably have information. There have been also discount coupons available at CVS stores. AAA usually offers discount tickets as well. Usually the Giant prices are the best.

www.giantpa.com

Pennsylvania USA
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey park discounts?

I want to say Wendy's has discounts too...

US
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey park discounts?

If you buy Coke locally they usually have a discount on the can.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey park discounts?

You can find discounts at different fast food chains and on soda cans, but the one you really want is from the Giant grocery store chain as someone already mentioned.

You actually purchase the ticket at their customer service desk as opposed to getting a couple of dollars off at the ticket booth upon entering the park and presenting a coupon. It is a significant difference. I think last year the cost of an adult ticket purchased at Giant was under $30. The cost at the Hersheypark ticket booth is almost $52 this year. There isn't any information on the Giant website yet because the park doesn't open for the regular season until May, but you can check their website for the price they are offering to determine which is the best deal. That site is www.giantpa.com

Hope you enjoy your time in Hershey!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hershey park discounts?

As flyeagle and hersheyfolks have mentioned - your best deal usually is to buy the tickets at the Giant grocery store. They will go on sale around the end of April/ beginning of May once "Springtime in the Park" is over since they sell them also.

Another way of getting a little extra bang for your buck is to go to the park two hours before it closes on the evening before your big day in the park. They will let you have a free preview and enter the park for those 2 hours even if you are using a discount ticket from Giant.

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hershey park discounts?

RiteAid employees get tickets for like $25. You might have to reach out to a friend or a friend of a friend to get this major discount.

Pennsylvania USA
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hershey park discounts?

Do you need a Giant card to get the tickets there? I didn't know about this; my town's borough office gives out discounted tickets but I think Giant is still way cheaper. I wanted to go to Hershey this past summer but I refused to pay $50, lol (I've been there many times already). I'm excited now; $30range isn't bad!

Richmond, VA
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hershey park discounts?

Does Giant offer the 2 day tickets at a discount as well?

Greg

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hershey park discounts?

You do not need a Giant bonus card to purchase the discounted HersheyPark tickets. As fas as I know, in the past, Giant has only offered one day discount tickets.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
294 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hershey park discounts?

Can you buy the discount tickets online? We are from NY and would like to get them so we have them when we go in the summer.

If not is there any place in the Gettysburg area to get discount tickets? We are staying there for a few days.