We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
152 reviews
Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

Have booked a week's vacation at the Suites at Hershey timeshare in October.

Am already getting anxious to see the area.

Do any TA folks have suggestions for good local non-chain restaurants? Am interested in suggestions for breakfast, lunch, and supper -- aren't really the get-dressed-up-and-go-out-for-a-fancy-dinner types.

Am really looking for suggestions for well-prepared, fairly-priced, common-folk food....places where "the locals" go.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
431 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

If I am correct, the Suites at Hershey are the BlueGreen timeshares directly across the street from the Outlets, off Hersheypark Drive. If so, the bad news is you will have to drive to get to any restaurant...the good news is that there really are some nice local places!

One of my favorites is The Warwick Hotel(the Wick) on Main Street in Hummelstown. I think they serve breakfast on certain days but I've never eaten breakfast there. Lunch and dinner, however, are very good. I think this is just the kind of place you are looking for. To get there, make a left onto Hersheypark Drive, turn right at Mae St (traffic light that has Bob Evans, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, etc) and follow Mae. It will become Main Street. The Wick is on the right just past the traffic light at the square. It is a blue building. Park on the street, not in their lot...it's very tight.

If you are looking for pizza, you might want to try JoJo's pizza. It on the left before the light at the same square I just mentioned. They have more than pizza. It has a much nicer seating area than many pizza parlours, which is a plus.

Another Hummelstown eatery that alot of people love is The Soda Jerk. I will admit that it is cute and the food is inexpensive, but it is diner food to be sure and the wait for food is unreasonable. I've never gotten out of there in less than an hour...and I don't really like the food that much. Very greasy.

I've never had breakfast there, though, so it might be worth a try for the morning. (I actually like Bob Evans the best for breakfast...sorry!)

If you head to Hershey, you can't go wrong with Feniccis! Same directions as before except contine straight through the light with all the chain restaurants. Bear left at the split and follow the "Hershey" sign to your right. (It just loops you up and over onto Chocolate Ave) Feniccis is on your right, just past the Fuddruckers. Great food, great prices, very casual.

Another option is the Chocolate Ave Grill. It serves lunch and dinner. Some of the food there is more eclectic. To get there, continue past Feniccis. It will be on your right almost as you reach Chocolatetown Square.

If you want other suggestions, let me know, but I don't want to overwhelm you with options. The Wick and Feniccis really are two of my favorites!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
152 reviews
2. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

Fantastic response.....including driving directions!

Thanks so much -- sort of expected we'd be driving rather than walking to restaurants, but, you're right, the Suites at Hershey is a timeshare and we'll probably be eating at least some of the meals in our unit....

But what a great list for those times when we want to go out... Thanks again -- really appreciate your time and effort.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
153 reviews
3. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

For a simple breakfast, I'd recommend The Fractured Prune. They make the donuts fresh while you wait and they are delicious! There are tons of toppings and glazes or you can create your own combination of toppings/glazes.

www.fracturedprune.com/location_hershey.php

Lancaster, Pa
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

The Hershey Pantry has a good breakfast, but get there early as it gets quite crowded. It's a small place but homey and quaint.

If you take 743 to Elizabethtown about 10 mins. you could eat lunch or dinner at T.J. Rockwell's. There's a deck out back but if you're coming in Oct. will be closed for the season. Good atmosphere and bar.

I would not advise Red Robin (right next to the outlets.) They're a bit overpriced and crowded with "tourists!"

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
431 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

I drove past The Wick today and realized that the color of the building is green. Don't know why I thought blue. Sorry!

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
431 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

I didn't do such a great job...I gave you the name of one of the great Italian restaurants in Hershey but the directions to the other.

The directions I gave are to Dafno's...great food.

The name I gave is Fenici's...great food and located closer to the town center of Chocolate Ave and Cocoa Ave. It is on your right.

Sorry, must not have been thinking straight when I answered your post the other day...wrong color building, mixed up names.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
152 reviews
7. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

Sorry for the belated "Thanks" to all of you...have been indisposed for a few days.

Really appreciate all your suggestions and will definitely be bringing your list(s) with us when we come to Hershey this Fall.

Thanks again! Can always rely on fellow TA'ers for help.

Mainer

8. Re: Hershey Restaurant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 19:17