We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Lodge

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey Lodge

We are staying at the Lodge at the beginning of June.

Other than the people who hate this place, anyone have some advice and requests I should make for the stay.

I saw to stay in the towers - anything else? Is that near a pool or transportation? I don't want to be too far from everything.

Where to eat onsite if anywhere?

Any advice would be appreciated.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
2,960 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey Lodge

The tower building has an elevator that puts you in the lobby. So it is more convenient to get to the lobby and restaurants. It is very large and spread out. If you are in some of the other sections there could be a long walk to the lobby. It never bothered us. When the kids were toddlers it was actually good for them to burn off a little energy. We always go in December so they couldn't go outside!

I really like the BearsDen. We have always received good meals at reasonable prices. The Hershey Grill looks good as well, but haven't tried it.

Have a great time!

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey Lodge

I would recommend requesting a renovated room. I would also check if there are any student groups in town at that time and request that you are not booked in the same area as they are. The last thing is that some of the rooms are "motel style" in that their doors open to the outside and cars can park right in front. This can be a positive or negative depending on your needs/opinion, but knowing it in advance and asking for your preference might avoid unneeded frustration.

There is nothing at all wrong with the Lodge. I think the biggest complaint you'll hear is that it is overpriced, but you do have certian conviences that you don't have if you stay at a hotel that is not owned by Hershey Entertainment (the shuttle to the park and other attractions, sometimes they have Hershey characters in the lobby, tickets to the Hershey Story and Hershey Gardens, and onsite restaurants, etc)

While it is a fairly large facility I think you might have a misconception of exactly how big. Unless you expect to walk outside your room and have everything right there (literally) you will be fine. Frankly, I think you'll find a quieter if you are a little further away from the center of everything, but again, that is preference.

There are a couple of restaurants onsite, which are convienent after a long day, but I really am not a huge fan of any of them. Lebbie Lebkicher's is a buffet, the Bear's Den has ok food but is just incredibly loud, the Hershey Grill and Forebay are both fine food wise, but there are so many other restaurants in town if you are willing to drive a couple of minutes. If you want to stay onsite, the food is passable to good at any of them. If you are interested in any restaurants in town, let me know. We have some really good ones.

I think you'll enjoy your stay. The Lodge has had alot of renovations lately, it can be one stop, and you have all the benefits of being at a "Hershey resort property"

3. Re: Hershey Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 05:54