We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antique Auto Show In October

Hillsborough
2 posts
Save Topic
Antique Auto Show In October

Just wondering where would be the best place to stay in Hershey for this car show which will be held at Hershey Park and surrounding area. Hampton Inn looks like it might be the closest, but can we walk to the event?

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
431 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antique Auto Show In October

Springhill Suites and Quality Inn and Suites are the two hotels adjacent to the Auto Museum.

I believe that all of the activities for the October Auto Show take place on the Museum grounds, so these would be the ideal location to stay. Parking and driving is a real headache during this weekend so you can save yourself some of the hassles that go along with it if you stay close. Just be aware that there are no restaurants within walking distance...I imagine there are vendors during the show and if you stay in a suite that would help.

The Hampton Inn is actually on the other side of town - but it is a nice place. I would recommend confirming where parking will be for the event and stay at a hotel near that. In years past I think it has been at Hersheypark, so I imagine that the Hershey Lodge, Hotel Hershey, and Highmeadow campground might be running shuttle buses (but I would confirm that ahead of time).

No matter where you want to stay, I would recommend calling as soon as possible or you won't be staying in Hershey at all. The town is packed that weekend!

Hillsborough
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antique Auto Show In October

Thanks for the info about the antique auto show. I better make some reservations soon.

placitas, new mexico
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Antique Auto Show In October

This will be my 43rd year going to the AACA auto show in Hershey.

If you don't have your reservation already, get on the horn now and keep trying. It's extremely difficult to find a room. Though with the general financial malaise it might be a bit easier this year.

I stay 9 miles away at the Harrisburg / Hershey Comfort Inn and have been doing so for about 10 years since the local Hershey prices got out of hand. It's still expensive but much less so than staying locally. Though, you might get lucky and find good pricing or cancellations this year.

The show, car corral and swap meet are all held on Hershey Park grounds including the Giant Center parking lot, the show being on nice shaded lawn areas behind the GC. It's an immense event, plan on walking a lot.

Traffic is typically difficult but the local AACA chapter is amazingly well organized and parking is available for $10 each day close to the event. Get there early though, if you can.

A lot of good restaurants in Hershey but always jammed up with the car crowd. Prepare yourself to wait for a table.

Happy to provide additional information: wmikosz@comcast.net

Wayne Mikosz

Placitas, NM

4. Re: Antique Auto Show In October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 07:22