We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions

I went to Hershey as a child with my parents, but now I'm 24. I know it's geared towards families but I love chocolate and thought it would be cool to go with my boyfriend. So, my first question is Will we look completely out of place without children?

My other question is about the hotel, I believe it's called the Hotel Hershey or the Hershey Hotel. There doesn't appear to be any suites available on my dates. How is a cottage room? How is the hotel in general? I am extremely fussy and I get a little nervous.

Thanks!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions

You will not be out of place at Hershey Park without children. There are plenty of adult type rides, roller coasters, and shows. While there are sections of the water park geared toward children, the majority of the water park is also for adults. There are plenty of older teens and all ages of adults seen in the park without children in tow.

The Hotel Hershey is a first class place; however, I have never stayed there, so I can't help you with those questions. There are other nice places (hotel suites) to stay in the area if you are interested.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions

Thanks for your help! I feel better now :-) I was afraid people were going to look at me funny without kids.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions

You will absolutely not feel out of place at Hersheypark without children! As already stated, there are alot of rollercoasters and the waterpark, which has been expanded this year.

There are also several shows in the park, some better than others. You should also check out the weekend entertainment schedule in the ampitheater because they have some decent "has beens" or "up and comers" that come through the park and the show is included in admisssion.

I have stayed at the Hotel Hershey and have also gone to the Spa with some frequency. The Hotel itself is beautiful and service is excellent. It is an historic hotel buiilt by Mr. Hershey to recreate a hotel that he and Mrs. Hershey stayed in during their travels. Everything there is top notch (and priced as such) but keep in mind that because it was built in the 1930's, the rooms are not as large as you would find in a contempory hotel of similar caliber. I've talked to several people who were surprised at the size of the rooms.

The cottage rooms, however, are probably different because they are brand new. I have never been in one...they literally just opened in May. The cottages are set up with multiple guest rooms that can be rented individually or up to the entire cottage. I am quite sure that each room has its own exterior entrance, with interior connections if you are renting all or part of the cottage. There is a new pool and restaurant (I think it opens shortly) in the cottage area.

No matter how fussy, I can't imagine the Hotel Hershey presenting you with a problem. If it did, a quick call should fix it. This really is a top notch establishment.

Did you try booking online or did you call to book a room? I would call the Hotel directly and see if anything is available. You never know.

Whether you stay at the Hotel or somewhere else, be sure to check out Jazz on the Veranda on Friday and Saturday nights or music in the Iberian Lounge on Saturdays. Both are very laid back and good for talking and spending time with your significant other. You two will certainly be some of the youngest in the crowd, though!

Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
416 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions

If you can't get into the Hotel Hershey, the Hershey Lodge is nice too!

You will not feel out of place!

Charlotte
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of questions

You will not be out of place at all, you are going to have a blast! Make sure you ride Big Bear at Hershey park.

6. Re: A couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Hershey