We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

We are going to Hershey in a couple weeks. Staying at Country Inn & Suites in Harrisburg. I was planning on getting tickets at AAA for $41, looks like they are the same price at Giant Stores, here are my questions.

1. Can I use AAA for the free 2 1/2 hour preview at night or do you have to get tickets from Hershey or a Giant store only to get the free pre-view?

2. Everyone keeps saying you can go the night before to pre-view the park, but does it have to be the night before? Could you do the pre-view on Monday night and go to the park for the day on Wednesday?

3. We have 3 kids, 6, 10 and 13, we don't plan on doing the water park at all, do we need 2 days in the park or would the pre-view night and a full day be good enough?

Thanks so much, I'm so confused! LOL!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

1. Direct from HersheyPark Website: "The Preview plan is a SWEET way to maximize your visit. All single or multi-day tickets (including those bought online, via group sales, Giant, AAA, etc) qualify for this SWEET deal! Just present your ticket at the gate after 7:30 PM and enjoy all of the rides and shows all evening long! (Not valid on Sunset, Consecutive Day or Concert Special Admission)."

2. Has to be the night before. They do have a sunset admission plan though:

Sunset Admission

Get discounted admission when you come later in the day!

Regular (ages 9-54) $26.95

Junior (ages 3-8) $22.95

Senior (ages 55-69) $22.95

Senior (ages 70+) $15.95

Children (ages 2 and under) FREE

- When the Park closes at 6 PM - Enter Park at 3 PM

- When the Park closes at 8 PM - Enter Park at 4 PM

- When the Park closes at 10 & 11 PM - Enter Park at 5 PM

3. The preview and one day would probably be just about the right amount of time if not doing the water parts. They also have a 2 day flex pass that is good for any 2 days in the season. It is $69.50 for adults and $51.50 for children (8 & under). If you go for 2 whole days, the 2 day flex is cheaper than buying individual tickets for 2 days from Giant.

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

Ok, so the pre-view has to be the night before, but how do they do know that? If we went to the pre-view on Monday night and then went to the park on Wednesday instead of Tuesday...would they not let us in?

Not trying to be difficult, the reason I'm asking is that we have a six hour drive to Hershey, we will arrive on Sunday about 5pm, so I was thinking it would be nice to do the pre-view Sunday night, take a break on Monday, just do Chocolate World, some shopping and pool time, then do all day at the park on Wednesday.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

The tickets have a "P" in a square, which is somehow marked to indicate that you have used the preview. I'm not sure of the exact system used, but my understanding is that they do have some way of marking the day.

If you really would like to go on a different evening, why not just call Hersheypark and ask the question? Most of the guest services people are very helpful and more than willing to do what they can.

Regarding whether to go for two days or just one with a preview, the only way to give you good advice is to know when you're planning on being there. Different days have different crowd levels, as do different weeks. I'd be happy to give my thoughts given that information.

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the insights.

I will give Hershey Park a call and see what they say about the pre-view night. Again, I wasn't trying to be difficult, I was just curious as to what happens if you don't go the next day after the pre-view.

We are going to Hershey August 16th-19th, Arriving late Sunday afternoon, leaving Wednesday. One day will be going to Gettysburg.

5. Re: Confused About Hershey Tickets...A Couple Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 07:17