We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonable hotels

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
reasonable hotels

Does anyone know of any reasonable hotels in the Hershey area? Trying to keep it at no more than $100 per night. Amenities don't matter. I just want a clean place for not a lot of money. Planning to go the third week in August.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonable hotels

The White Rose Motel would be the perfect place for you. It is a very nice, clean, and affordable independently owned motel. It has an outdoor pool and is just a short drive from the Hershey attractions.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonable hotels

I saw that hotel when I was looking through hotels in Hershey. Have you ever stayed there?

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonable hotels

I haven't stayed there but have heard a lot of positive things about the place.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonable hotels

Thanks, i'll give them a call. I appreciate the help!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reasonable hotels

Sure, no problem. I have gone by there many times. It is certainly well-kept and isn't nearly as expensive as some of the chain hotels in the area.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reasonable hotels

If the White Rose doesn't work out - there is a Super 8 at 7500 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg which is about 15 minutes from Hersheypark. They are showing an advance purchase rate of $88.40 and a AAA rate of $93.60. They have a free continental breakfast, indoor pool, and refrig and microwave in the room.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reasonable hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Travelodge Hershey lately? It looks decent, has an indoor pool, and is less expensive than White Rose. I'm staying with 10 & 15 yo kids for a few nights.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reasonable hotels

We stayed recently at the Quality Inn Suites. It's about a mile from the park, and is reasonable. We paid $123/night w/AAA discount and got two adjoining rooms with Queen beds. The facility is average, but rooms clean. Compare the Marriott next door at $399/night!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reasonable hotels

As of three or four years ago, I would have happily recommended the Milton Motel, but I've seen some poor reviews lately. Not sure what has changed, but I had several good experiences there. It might be worth looking into.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reasonable hotels

Ended up staying at the Country Inns and Suites in Harrisburg. I used points and cash and only spent $65 a night on the weekend no less. So that was a good way to go. Nice, clean hotel with an indoor pool and close to places to eat. Hershey Park was about 10 minutes away from the hotel and we never got caught in traffic. It was a great trip.

Get answers to your questions about Hershey