We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing Food/Water into Hershey Park?

Boston
14 posts
Save Topic
Bringing Food/Water into Hershey Park?

Just wondering if they allow food into Hershey Park? While Disney parks have "official" rules that don't allow you to bring in food; in practice they allow it. What happens at Hershey?

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing Food/Water into Hershey Park?

Officially no. I always take a refillable water bottle, and when my kids were younger small snacks/finger foods, etc. Don't bring in a cooler, they'll stop you for that, although with many people now owning coolers that look like tote bags, they may not really notice. They do check all bags though, I would think one that had nothing but food in it would get you sent back to your car. All the dining areas will even refill my water bottle with cold water if I ask them too - better than the warm water out of the water fountains.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing Food/Water into Hershey Park?

I agree. If you bring a cooler full of food in, you will have to take it back to the car. If you just have snacks, I've never known it to be a problem.

You can bring in a water bottle, and thefourskis is correct that they will fill it up with water at any food service area. In fact food service areas will give you a cup of ice water free of charge if you ask, no other purchase is necessary.

If you are going to be there all day or for mulitiple days and would like to drink something other than just water, I would highly recommend getting a souvenir cup. I think it costs around $10 but you can get it refilled for $1. It works out to be a good deal.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing Food/Water into Hershey Park?

I always freeze a few water bottles, wrap them in a beach towel and put it in the middle of the tote bag. I've even walked in holding a water bottle and haven't had a problem. Same with small bags of snacks - put them in the bottom of your tote bag or back pack and you are usually fine. For the record though, officially, no you aren't permitted to bring in food or drink.

4. Re: Bringing Food/Water into Hershey Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Hershey