We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey World or Hershey Story?

North Kingstown...
7 posts
Save Topic
Hershey World or Hershey Story?

I've read reviews on both Hershey World and Hershey Story, both seem to have a chocolate tasting and some type of make your own chocolate. My daughter is 13 and want her to enjoy the experience. Which would we have a better experience at? Thanks for your input!

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey World or Hershey Story?

The chocolate tasting at the Hershey Story is a little more upscale and "intellectual". You would have to decide based on her personality.

If you need more information, let me know.

North Kingstown...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey World or Hershey Story?

Thanks for the reply! I see the one at the Hershey Story is all drinkable chocolate...is this the case for HersheyWorld too?

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey World or Hershey Story?

Hershey Story let's you make your own chocolate in the Chocolate Lab. But it isn't as interactive as the one in Chocolate World. There they allow you to make an actual chocolate bar and put what you want in it. They also allow you to choose from an assortment of wrappers and boxes and put your name on it. So it's a little more personal and might be more enjoyable to your daughter. The one at Hershey Story, they just give you some white chocolate and milk chocolate and a clear plate and you can make some swirls in it. They then put it in a freezer for you and you can take it when you leave. They just put it in a bag. So it isn't as personal. That tour is more about how chocolate is processed and eventually becomes the chocolate we all know. It's interesting, but isn't anywhere compared to what you will experience at Chocolate world. Hope this helps.

North Kingstown...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey World or Hershey Story?

Thanks so much for your input! Looks like Chocolate World would be a better experience.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hershey World or Hershey Story?

One thing to know about making your own candy bar at Chocolate World is that anyone who goes into the area must buy a ticket. It's not different in that respect than the Chocolate Lab at The Hershey Story, just good to know.

6. Re: Hershey World or Hershey Story?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 22:15