We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do on the way to Hershey from Northern NJ

Passaic, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Things to do on the way to Hershey from Northern NJ

Are there any places to visit on the way to Hershey Park from North New Jersey? I am planning a trip with 3 kids and 2.5 - 3 hours of driving (each way) seems a bit much.

Also, are there any inexpensive hotels in the area?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do on the way to Hershey from Northern NJ

If your kids are young, either the Crayola Factory in Easton or Roadside America in Shartlesville might fill the bill (assuming you are on Route 78)

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,819 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do on the way to Hershey from Northern NJ

I second Roadside America. My kids really enjoyed visiting.

For less expensive hotels, search the chains in either the Grantville, PA area or the Harrisburg, PA area with Jonestown Road or Allentown Blvd. addresses. These locations are about a 15 minute drive to Hersheypark.

3. Re: Things to do on the way to Hershey from Northern NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 11:21