We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterpark, Crowds, and Parking.

baltimore
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Waterpark, Crowds, and Parking.

My friend and I are taking our kids to Hershey on Thurs, Aug 25. Was wondering what the crowds were like - I know a lot of kids are already back in school. I haven't been in about 20 years, so the Waterpark will be new to us. What is the best time to visit the waterpark? Also, how much is parking, not sure if I am missing something but I can't seem to find it!

Thanks!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterpark, Crowds, and Parking.

Parking is $12.00 per vehicle. No one has a crystal ball to predict crowds; some area schools start this week, others start next week or after Labor Day. A friend was at the park on Monday and said it was much more crowded than she expected for this week. I would recommend doing the water park as soon as you arrive. It tends to be less crowded in the morning and can get more crowded after lunch.

baltimore
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterpark, Crowds, and Parking.

Thanks! I finally found the parking information. I will plan on visiting the waterpark early! I ordered my son a birthday cake from Hershey, he's so excited to taste it!

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterpark, Crowds, and Parking.

Flyeagle is absolutely right about predicting crowds. I'm at the park right now-nearly noon on a Wednesday-and the lines are long. There is sometimes no rhyme or reason.

Even if it's a crowded day, their are some ways to minimize waits:

Arrive early! Ignore the temptation to sleep in. Get to the park before it opens and wait in line at the gate. You'll wait in shorter lines the first couple of hours in the park.

Head to the back of the park or whatever ride you absolutely do not want to miss. Farhenheit still has very long lines. The comet and great bear usually do, too.

Head to the water park early and leave midday when it gets hot. You will have shorter lines and a more pleasant visit. Also, other ride lines will shorten when everyone else goes to the water area.

Take advantage of shows while you eat-two things at one time.

Don't let rain scare you away! The rain will stop, the rides will reopen...and lots of people will be gone.

Hope you have fun!

4. Re: Waterpark, Crowds, and Parking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Hershey