We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

labor issues in hershey

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape May, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
labor issues in hershey

are the current labor issues interfering with the attractions/tourists?

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: labor issues in hershey

no

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: labor issues in hershey

I think that the media has made the labor dispute into more of an event than it is/was (not to say that the students don't have some legitimate gripes!)

We had two days when there were protests in front of the warehouse, which is at the end of Hersheypark Drive where tourists rarely venture, and the Hershey Story Museum, which is in the center of town on Chocolate Ave. When they were in front of the museum, there absolutely was traffic interruption. There were maybe 50-60 students when I saw it and about 10 or so police officers. Anywhere else and it probably would have been overlooked.

The students will have already gone home by now, so I can't imagine that you will see anything if you come. The Hershey Company is looking into the contracts that they have with the warehouse as well as the contracts the warehouse made with this student cultural initiative that found and hired the students. The federal government is also investigating the student cultural initiative company.

3. Re: labor issues in hershey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 04:15