We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey in October

Nebraska
Level Contributor
116 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey in October

My company is holding their convention at the Hershey Lodge in late October. I'm just wondering if I should plan on bringing my husband and 3 year old son along. It sounds like activities may be limited that time of year ~ but I don't want them to miss out on something special! Will it be worth 2 plane tickets?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey in October

Hersheypark is open in October for Halloween in Hershey. I checked their website and the exact dates for this event in 2012 are not yet posted. If I remember correctly, it is usually the last 2 weekends in October. If those dates don't correspond with your trip there are still other attractions that may be of interest. Hershey Chocolate World, The Hershey Story, and ZooAmerica are open year round.

If your son likes trains and you don't mind the drive to the Lancaster area, the Strasburg Railroad, The Choo Choo Barn, and National Toy Train Museum are worth the visit. Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, which would be a great amusement park for a 3 year old is only open the first weekend in October. The Lancaster area also offers a variety of buggy rides and Cherry Crest Adventure Farm (a corn maze).

The Harsco Science Center in Harrisburg is a great hands-on science center with activities for kids of all ages.

If there are any particular areas of interest, please let me know & I may be able to suggest some other activities.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey in October

Also in Lancaster is Dutch Wonderland, a park designed for younger children, open Oct 6/7 so far on their calendar. Possibly additional days may be added for Halloween.

www.dutchwonderland.com/_site/hours.html

3. Re: Hershey in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Hershey