We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey, PA

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey, PA

Is Hershey a kids destination as opposed to a place for adults? It seems all the attractions, excluding the garden, are very focused on kids. Don't know if it would be worth our time as adults without children.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey, PA

I think adults can have a very enjoyable visit to Hershey without children. There are adults that enjoy Hersheypark for the many shows, "tame" rides, ZooAmerica, and parts of the water park. Even if the park isn't of interest, there are other things to see and do in Hershey. I would recommend a visit to Hershey's Chocolate World just for an overview of the chocolate making process. The Hershey Trolley Works tour departs from Chocolate World and will provide you some history and give you a great tour of the Hershey area. The Hershey Story is a museum that shows the life of Milton S. Hershey and his rise in the chocolate making industry. As you all ready mentioned, the Hershey Gardens are beautiful and definitely worth a visit.

Two other nearby attractions that may be of interest are the Antique Auto Museum and Indian Echo Caverns.

If you are visiting on a weekend in mid August to mid October, the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire in nearby Manheim is very interesting and entertaining.

Let me know if you want any additional information on the area.

Green Bay, Wi
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey, PA

We have a party of 8 adults that would like to visit Hersey, PA. How much time would we need to see the sites?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey, PA

TiredTraveler, if you can let me know which Hershey attractions you plan to visit, I can give you a time frame.

4. Re: Hershey, PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:19