We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather permitting at hershey?

Level Contributor
348 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Weather permitting at hershey?

Thursday they are calling for AM Showers. If I go to Hershey in the morning will they be open even if it rains for an hour? I might chance the rain but don't want to waste my time and drive if the park might be closed all day due to am showers and thunderstorms scattered through the day?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather permitting at hershey?

The park will usually remain open during the rain depending on the severity of the storm and whether or not there is lightning and thunder. Certain rides and attractions can close during the rain/storms and if storms are moving through the area, even if there isn't rain/lightning/thunder directly over the park. The following is copied directly from the Hersheypark website. (Note: on the last question, I must admit that I do not know what the rain guarantee program is so you might want to call guest services in advance 1-800-HERSHEY.)

Will The Boardwalk area be open when it rains?

When severe weather is detected in the area, attractions will close temporarily until weather has cleared.

Do the rides and attractions close in bad weather?

In the event of electrical storms, inclement weather, mechanical difficulties, or unforeseen circumstances, it may become necessary to temporarily close some rides, shows, attractions, and tram service to and from the parking lots.

What if it rains during my visit?

There’s no need to let the threat of rain in the forecast keep you away! If it rains during your visit, stop by the Guest Services Building as you exit the Front Gates to learn about our rain guarantee program.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather permitting at hershey?

I have been there for the last 2 rainy days. Today only had a brief shower and clouds all day, but Monday quite a few people left the park early due to a couple short but torrential down pours. Fear not, the rides re-opened and the lines were quite short. They were short today as well. Bad weather can sometimes be a blessing. However, on July 4 that may not be true.

There was a day last week that a tornado watch led them to close all the rides for a period of time. I don't know if the park itself closed for the night, or if it reopened after the threat passed. I used the Hersheypark app on my phone before driving over and the closed rides made us decide to not make the trip to the park for the evening.

Level Contributor
348 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather permitting at hershey?

does anyone know anything about the rain day guarantee program?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather permitting at hershey?

I just called Hersheypark, the rain guarantee is for extreme weather conditions only - if the park is forced to closed due to extreme weather conditions, you can get a rain voucher good to return another day. This does not apply to just a rainy day, the customer service person said they are a rain or shine park. If it is a normal rain, you cannot get a rain voucher.

5. Re: Weather permitting at hershey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Hershey