We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas time - restaurants open???

NY
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas time - restaurants open???

We are staying, possibly, 2 nights in Lancaster (BW Eden) with a trip to Candylane and Sweet lights.

We were thinking of leaving home on Christmas Day - but there are no food/restaurants available to us - yes, people will be off and spending time with their families, i get it ;) But... I don't want to end up having a soda and bag of chips on the road because nothing is open :)

Any suggestions on where to eat during our Christmas Day stay? or should I skip one night, leave early the next morning and just do 1 night in the area, i really wanted 2 nights, but if nothing is open and avail to us, i might consider it.

2 years ago, we did National Harbor MD over Christmas Day and ate McDonald's for dinner, well my husband wasn't too thrilled LOL and if that happens again, I'm in big trouble :D :D

Thanks - help!! :)

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas time - restaurants open???

The Hershey Lodge shows a Christmas Buffet being served at Lebbie Lebkicher’s from 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm. It is $27.00 for adults, $14.00 for children 3-8. You do not have to be staying at the Lodge to dine there.

I know there are some area Chinese restaurants that tend to be open on Christmas, if I can track down specifics, I will post them.

NY
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas time - restaurants open???

Thanks ... was thinking eating in our room might not be that horrible LOL :)

I know the Bears Den is open ... always a last min option.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas time - restaurants open???

I found this website which lists restaurants in various locations that are open on Christmas Day. I don't know how reliable it is, you would want to call the restaurants to verify.

foodio54.com/restaurants/…OpenChristmas

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas time - restaurants open???

I think you'd be just fine. In addition to restaurants at the hotels (and probably the one at the Eden), there are numerous 24-hour diners in the area which I've seen as having at least partial hours on Christmas (breakfast might be a bit spotty). I also know from experience that several area sports bars (at which families can often be found) usually open in the evening as well as places like Sheetz which would have sandwiches in a pinch.

I know several Jewish friends who regularly go out to eat, take in a movie, etc. on Christmas Day -- so, with a little advance planning to make sure the place you have in mind is open you should have no issue finding something.

5. Re: Christmas time - restaurants open???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Hershey