We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate World Tickets

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate World Tickets

Our family will be driving by Hershey on the way home from DC. The kids (and adults) would like to make a stop at Chocolate World. Do you recommend we purchase tickets to events such as Make your own Chocolate Bar ahead of time or can we wait until we get there? We will be there on a Friday. I project we will get there about 1 pm. What should we be sure to see? How much time do we need to plan? We would like to get on the road and stay outside of the area as lodging is hard to find and expensive in the Hershey area.

Thanks for your help/

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate World Tickets

I can't offer an answer from personal experience; however, if you are coming in late July or anytime in August, Hershey gets crowded (especially on the weekends) so if you can purchase tickets in advance, it would probably be a good idea to do so.

You will definitely want to ride the Great American Chocolate Tour in Chocolate World. It shows the making of chocolate from the cocoa bean to the final product.

If you have the time, I would also recommend taking the Hershey Trolley Works tour which departs from Chocolate World. This would give you a great overview of the area and its history. The tour lasts about an hour.

http://www.hersheytrolleyworks.com/

A word of warning - if you park in the Chocolate World lot, watch your time. The first three hours of parking are free but after that it gets costly. If you are just doing the Create Your Own Candy Bar and the Great American Chocolate Tour, you should spend less than 3 hours.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate World Tickets

Yes, assuming you are coming during the Summer season on a Friday, I would expect tickets to be sold out by an afternoon arrival time.

I've done the chocolate bar once and while it was fun, it certainly isn't something I'd spend money on a second time. However, I've been on the Chocolate Tour more times than I can count and still look forward to giving it a go at least once every Summer. The other activities may depend on the ages of your children. When my kids were little they loved packaging the Hershey Kisses, but never ask to do that now. I've only seen the old movie, haven't given the new one a try, and haven't heard anything about it to make me want to. But, again, little kids will probably enjoy it. I've always wanted to do the chocolate tasting but my kids are never interested. Maybe I'll talk them into it this year.

pittsburgh area
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate World Tickets

you can save a few $$$ by buying your tickets in advance on chocolate worlds site, however you need to commit to a time for each attraction, so it may be best to just wait until you get there. I would rather wait than save $3. As far as lodging, we found great rates on comfort inn site. they have about 20 properties within a 25 mile radius of the park, and a short little drive in the morning to save that ind of money is worth it to me. you might also want to try the name your own price site and see what you can come up with there. The Chocolate World site has a planning tool that gives you a time estimate for all the options you choose. TAKE A LOOK AND ENJOY YOUR TRIP ! ! !

4. Re: Chocolate World Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hershey