We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Day to go last week Aug 2014

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best Day to go last week Aug 2014

We've decided last minute to go to Hershey this last week of August 2014 and trying to learn if it's better to go Mon & Tues or Thurs & Fri. (we can't do mid week). Which is better? Hotels are more expensive on Mon & Tue vs. Thurs-Fri (surprisingly) so want to understand the "crowd" situation. Which days would be better for less crowds/less busy?

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Day to go last week Aug 2014

Easily I think ... Monday and Tuesday.

Thursday and Friday will put you up against the Labor Day Weekend crowd and those coming into town for what is expected to be a huge turnout for the Jimmy Buffet concert at the stadium on 8/30 -- complete with the camper's, etc. (they are readying lots across the street and the fields down where SweetLights is setup for the overflow of weekend campers). I think I'd avoid Hershey next weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Day to go last week Aug 2014

I would also second Monday & Tuesday. A lot of the area schools go back the beginning of next week so local attendance will be down a bit. Definitely avoid Hershey during the Jimmy Buffet concert. Traffic will be ridiculous, etc.

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Day to go last week Aug 2014

Thank you so much for the info - you have saved me a lot of frustration as we are traveling with 2 younger kids.

4. Re: Best Day to go last week Aug 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16