We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

Looking for some local lunch and dinner restaurant recommendations within 15 minute drive of Hershey Park. Not a big fan of chains and would prefer to support the local businesses. thanks!

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

Downtown near the Hershey Story Museum is Chocolate Ave. Grill, Fenicci's, Phillip Arthur's and a new creperie just opened, but I don't know much about it. Of those, Chocolate Ave. Grill is probably my favorite. Owned by Hershey entertainment is Devon Seafood Grill (adjacent to Houlihan's, which isn't too bad as far as chains, at least not this one.) There is also a cafe at the museum. These are all on the opposite side of Chocolate Ave. from the first list.

Closer to Hersheypark Dr. is Isaac's Deli. This is a regional and independently owned chain deli. It is quite popular with locals. There is also a barbecue place called Smoked, but I've heard mixed reviews and haven't been.

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

You don't say what you're looking for ... Kids, sports bar, more upscale, diner style, etc. that might help us guide you.

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

Most important factor for us is healthy, quality ingredients. Thanks for the follow-up, Lasagna329.

Save Reply
4. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

We ate at Sopranos last night and the food was REALLY good. They had brick over style pizza and the pasta dishes were really good. Staff was extremely friendly and accomidating to my two young kids.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
352 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

I always like the Hershey Pantry.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

I like the Chocolate Avenue Grill and Hershey Pantry both in Hershey. If you want something more casual, there is A & M Pizza, 757 W. Main St., Palmyra or 124 W. Main St., Campbelltown.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

I'll plug Chocolate Ave. Grille and throw in Piazza Sorrento (across University Dr. from the Hershey Lodge) for Italian. I had several good lunches at Choc Ave Grille and was very pleasantly surprised by their steak this past March. They've got a nice variety on the menu, so I think it suits just about anyone. I've only been to Piazza Sorrento once, but I liked their homemade butternut squash ravioli. I'd recommend a reservation there, though, if you go during a particularly busy time.

8. Re: Non-chain restaurants around Hershey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:16