We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need information for Jinghong-Kunming bus route

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Need information for Jinghong-Kunming bus route

1. How much for sleeper class ticket per person?

2. Did the sleeper class bus run everyday?

3. What time the first bus depart or how frequency they depart from Jinghong station?

4. How long the journey take time? (I'm planning to take the trip around early June)

5. Is it possible to catch the train from Kunming railway station to Chengdu in time after my bus arrive Kunming? (I think the last train from Kunming depart to Chengdu is 7.35pm)

6. From no.5, If yes, How cost the bus or taxi from Kunming bus station to Kunming railway station?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
534 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need information for Jinghong-Kunming bus route

First bus of the day is at 08:00 in the morning. Ticket costs 179 Yuan for what is listed as a "high-class sleeper." Trip takes 10 hours. Runs every day.

You will arrive in Kunming too late for a 7:35 p.m. train, and shouldn't try to do this anyway. Definitely spend a night in Kunming. Believe me, you will need it after 10 hours on the bus.

Arrival point in Kunming is the South Bus Station 昆明南部客运站。 You can get from there to the main Kunming train station by light rail, bus, or taxi. Light rail 地铁 takes about 30 minutes, but I don't know the schedule for sure. It's probably every 20 minutes. Costs under 5 Yuan.

Taxi will take longer than light rail, up to one hour depending on the time of day. It will cost you about 50 Yuan. A city bus also connects those two points, but I don't know which one. Will look it up and add that as another post.

Take home message: Spend the night in Kunming. Do not try to get all the way from Jinghong to Chengdu in one long day if traveling by bus and train.

Edited: 24 May 2014, 04:39
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
534 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need information for Jinghong-Kunming bus route

By public bus it takes over an hour (1 hour and 10 minutes) to get from the South Bus Station to the Main Train Station 昆明站。 Route C71 works, as does C85. Don't know the fare. Probably 3 Yuan.

To clarify the light rail option, there's only one line currently serving that station and it is Line 1. Baidu Maps says it takes 23 minutes.

A word on tight connections in China: Don't do it. First off, at least one leg of your trip will probably be late. Second, you will probably get lost at least once and have to backtrack a little bit, adding delay. Plan loose in China and you will be a happier traveler.

3. Re: Need information for Jinghong-Kunming bus route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2016, 14:05

Reply to: Need information for Jinghong-Kunming bus route
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted