We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Isletas from SJDS Port

Weston, Nebraska
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Isletas from SJDS Port

We have been to SJDS before and wanted to show our cruise friends Las Isletas. Can we get a cab or tour from the port for the four of us? How far is it to Las Isletas. What do you think of just doing the boat ride and hitting a few bars?

3 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
323 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Isletas from SJDS Port

From Google maps, looks like at least 2 hours there and then 2 hours back. At least 4 hours gone right there. Then you want to do a boat ride, so you need time for that plus hitting the bars. I guess it all depends on how long you are in SJDS port.

Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Isletas from SJDS Port

For getting from SJDS to Las Isletas, I'd highly recommend Neptune Transport Services. I have been using them for nearly 3 years now, and they definitely offer the classiest rides (for essentially the same prices) compared to all the other transportation services I've used...plus, their drivers are bi-lingual and they are always giving a sort of tour guide by pointing things out and giving information about what you're seeing...personally, my favorite is riding in one of the Land Cruiser's (as they're brand new and they are more than willing to go off the beaten path and go off-roading - which ads so most to the aesthetic value of visiting around Nicaragua to begin with.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Isletas from SJDS Port

with the time that ships allow you can explore a bit more than just the isletas, how often they can see an active volcano or a beautiful colonial city, bars are everywhere and if you bring a cooler with you, you can drink while enjoy the country.

If you want to get a nice experience get in touch with http://golocalnicaragua.wixsite.com/nicaragua

Keep enjoying Nicaragua

Reply to: Las Isletas from SJDS Port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted