We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan del sur

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan del sur

Hi,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Nicaragua in early August and would like to go on the Sailing boat in SJDS, any suggestions how early I should book and how?

I am also clueless where to stay...I was opting for Pelican Eyes but seems a bit high on the price...we just want a nice Clean place to stay with A/C hot water, tv, generator in case power goes out, and good food...any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

Phoenix
Level Contributor
118 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan del sur

Hey there !

You can book the sailboat day trip thru the website of Pelican Eyes, for early August, would do so now.

Check out www.villasdepalermo.com, brand new, lovely hillside casitas with wonderful views and beautiful peace and quiet. About $109 a night.

If want ot be in the thick of things, choose the Villa Isabella, clean, cool and walking distance in town, the owners are ex-pats, very helpful and know all about the area.

Enjoy !

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan del sur

The last time in SJDS I stayed at Pelican Eyes, but it was a bit pricey, and up the hill from town. Previously, I had stayed at Hotel Casablanca, which was right on the beach, in the honeymoon suite for about $80 a night. It had a neat balcony right over the street on the beach. The other rooms were cheaper, but this was 3 years ago. It is older and not nearly as nice as PE, but more in town and had all the amenities you seek. They don't have a restaurant, but Ricardo's is right down the street.

The town has a website, which has link to 6 or 7 hotels, and other things to do, which you can probably google up. I don't know whether the posting rules would allow me to send a link, so I'll err on the side of caution.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan del sur

I agree, book the boat at Pelican Eyes now, and yes they are probably the highest rates in town. Villas de Palermo is awesome and such a great deal for the price. I have stayed at both places, and highley recommend Villas de Palermo.

Bruges, Belgium
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan del sur

<hello

I was in san juan del sur in the month of december and I go back in august 20, I stayed in hotel casa blanca a little hotel but nice and well located to sea , 69 dollar for a two person room and it was high season. Only breakfast but you can eat nicely at timons just cross the street, they have a generator also casa blanca have one that is verry important because electricity dont work allways .I hope it was helpfull

Brigitte

5. Re: San Juan del sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 01:19