We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

On the way from Costa Rica to Ometepe we want to stay in San Juan del Sur for 1 night. We reserved Las Cascadas B&B for 1 night, but that's just been cancelled because they will be closed for a while. So now we have to find somewhere else to stay. What can you recommend? We like to stay somewhere that's small, characteristic and central but tidy and clean.

I tried looking into the Victoriano, but I really can't find their website. There was one, but it seems to be gone. But I think the prices will be a bit too high anyway. La Posada Azul is at the high end of our budget but looks lovely.

Any other ideas? We want to spend $70-90 for 1 night.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

Yeah I noticed the Victoriana site disappeared:

Casa del Sol is cute!

http://www.casadelsoul.info/

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

Yes, Casa del Soul looks nice too, isn't it just a bit too far out of town for a 1-night stay? I saw Inn on the Pacific as well and their rates seem to fit into our budget: how do you like that hotel?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

Try Park Avenue Villas.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

Ditto for Park Avenue Villas

info@parkavenuevillas.com

Happy Travels!

Michigan
Level Contributor
82 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

I stayed at Posada Azul two weeks ago. It is small (7 rooms), is extremely clean and still quite new. The breakfast is huge and presented beautifully. I negotiated a lower price and perhaps you can too. I just can't say enough good things about this place. Don't rule it out!

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

Don't know Inn on the Pacific, but remember it can be very noisy at night on the beach!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

I stayed at Hotel Colonial: www.hotel-nicaragua.com.

My review on TA likened it to a basic but decent economy hotel in the States. It is located right in town about a block or two from the beach. You'll actually probably spend below your stated budget, though it is again because it is much like a economy hotel. That said, it was clean and comfortable enough.

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

I have kind of narrowed it down to 4(5) options now:

La Posada Azul (a bit expensive)

Empalme a las Playas (lovely and secluded but maybe a bit too far out of town??? Is it easy to drive from here to San Jorge or is this making things a lot more difficult?)

Villa Isabella (looks alright but can't find too many pictures on the net)

Park Avenue Villas (looking fine and within pricerange but no breakfast provided)

(and maybe Frederica's B&B?)

What's your opinion? Which one to choose?

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

The one bedroom suites at Park Avenue Villas have kitchens so you could pick up some fruit and pastries and the suites are only $75/night.

Since you're only staying one night, any of your choices will be fine.

san juan del sur
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lokking for accommodation in SJDS

I think that Villa Isabella might work great for you, they have been operating for more than 7 years, I have met some people that have stayed there and they loved the place and the service. Park... is also a nice place, its been there for about 3 years and i have heard nothing but good comments about it, i think that with either of them you pick, you will be fine.

have a nice day.

H.Y