We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morgan's Rock

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Topic
Morgan's Rock

My fiance and I are trying to plan our honeymoon, for the first week of May 2006. I found Morgan's Rock on-line and LOVE it, but we don't know anyone who's been to Nicaragua. From the other posts, it sounds like a fabulous place, so I guess my question is: Has anyone been to Morgan's Rock? My fiance is concerned about the lack of air conditioning - will that be a problem in early May? Is the service (and pampering) comparable to other resorts?

USA
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morgan's Rock

Check out San Juan Del Sur! www.sanjuanbeachhouse.com

seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Morgan's Rock

I have been to Nicaragua in May (2 years ago) and it is HOT HOT HOT. I have not been to Morgan's Rock, and it may be breezy enough to keep you cool, but if it's a concern, you might want to try Piedras y Olas in San Juan del Sur instead. It has a variety of acccommodations including suites, small villas and larger villas or casas. Most all have amazing ocean views and there are 2 ocean view swimming pools, a great restaurant and bar onsite, plus all rooms have air conditioning, porches or patios, in room purified water (plus a fridge and microwave), and more. We have been there 3 times now and love it. Don't miss the sailing trips on their Pelican Eyes sailboat either! Such a great way to spend a day. www.piedrasyolas.com

san Jose, California
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morgan's Rock

We are also planning a trip to Morgan's Rock in June. From what I have read it sounds great and it also gets a high rocommendation from Fodors. I would also like to hear from someone who has actually stayed there.

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morgan's Rock

My wife and I are staying there next week for 5 nights. When we get back we'll write a little review and let you know what we did and how we liked it.

san Jose, California
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morgan's Rock

Jayneseo,

Thank you so much. I have posted lots of questions regarding vacationing in Nicaragua, but you are the only one to respond. I'll look forward to your review. Can you tell me how you are getting to Morgans Rock and where else you are staying? Thanks a lot

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Morgan's Rock

We're just planning on taking the transportation Morgan's Rock offers, its $50 one way but they're going to pick us up where we are staying, which is Hotel Los Robles.

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morgan's Rock

I just got back from Morgans Rock a couple of weeks ago. Most of the villas line a ridge and look on to the ocean. There is usually a nice breeze and if not, the villas have good celings fans. We actually had to turn our fans off during the night because it got cool. Though Nicaragua can get hot, I never felt uncomfortable at MG. The beach is lined with huts full of hammocks and loungers, and their is shaded space up at the pool as well. MG definitely has a luxurious feel with a personal touch. It's not the same service you would find at a Four Seasons....for instance, there is no service at the beach, but they will pack you a cooler with your favorite beverages. I would definitely recomend MG to anyone who enjoys beautiful and stylish surroundings.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
66 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Morgan's Rock

My recommendation would also be the fabulous, airconditioned casas at Piedras y olas. What I'm planning to do when I return to San Juan del Sur, is a couple of nights at Morgan's Rock and the rest at Piedras y Olas. I can also guarantee impeccable service from Chris and his staff at Piedras y olas. Congrats and have a blast!!

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Morgan's Rock

We got back on Saturday night from a spectacular week at Morgan's Rock. From the food to the view to the tours everything was first class. I don't know how they compare to other places pampering wise but if that is your main concern I would probably stay somewhere else. Not that they don't provide excellent service, however they are more focused on nature, the environment and the well being of Nicaraguans. If you enjoy those things this is the definate place for you. I reccomend the horseback riding, at least one nature walk and a trip to the school.(Be sure to bring a donation, they love baseball stuff) On our activities at Morgan's Rock we saw howler and white faced monkeys, sloths, armidillo, birds of all kinds, iguanas, all sorts of lizards, an oppossum and a kinkajou. I wouldnt worry about air conditioning, the ocean breeze is very nice and at night we needed blankets. Hope I helped and I can answer any more specific questions you may have.

Oh, about the transfers. They arrived a little late picking us up but other than that they were good. If you get motion sickness I would reccomend pills because the roads down there suck.

san Jose, California
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Morgan's Rock

Jayneseo,

Thanks for the info. on Morgan's Rock. No one has mentioned the food. I don't care what it is, just want to make sure you don't have to worry about eating it. Also, could you tell me more about the school? I'm a middle school teacher-and I hadn't read anything about a school. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about San Juan del Sur