We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a nice place to stay

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a nice place to stay

I am planning a getaway for my h 50th, we don't know if we should stay at a hotel or a condo or a house, we don't want anything too busy, but probably not pure seclusion either. Are there houses or condo rentals that come with housekeeping and cook, that would be clean and on the beach or near a beach?

tks

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

POn the beach may be difficult because of the popularity of Survivor Nicaragua, but other beaches you should be able to get something on the beach or close enough.

Try info@sanjuandelsuraccommodation.com

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

There is a very nice place in Playa El Coco called Casa de la Luna y Las Estrellas, www.playacocovacations.com this is a three bedroom condo on one of the best beaches in Nicaragua. Ypu ahve a couple of restaurant nearby and you can also arrange with the people ta the community a ride to San Juan del Sur for more restaurants. They will provide housekeeping but you will have to take care of the meals, the place is fully equipped. The owners name is Jeffrey, tell him Rodolfo from Granada sent you. There is also reviews of this place on this page

Edited: 09 October 2010, 02:49
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

You also might want to see Casa del Soul, www.casadelsoul.info Randy is a great guy.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

Hi there!

I went to sjds recently and just like you, i was celebrating my wedding anniversary and my husband made such a great job finding one of the most beautiful places to stay in San Juan del sur. We stayed in a boutique hotel in Sjds called; "Aventura Lodge", i will always highly recommend this place, they will also arrange any type of activity that you would like to do, their webpage is: www.surfzoneresorts.com

Enjoy it as much as we did, and if something went wrong just let us Know!!

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

Try

http://www.vrbo.com/302938

It's a brand new house directly on the ocean wth fantatic views. It's a 10 minute drive to town. It has walking access to several beaches, including the beach used for the second season of Survivor. Survivor has finished filming, so all beaches are open! The house is in a gated community and has a private swimming pool. It also has a full time staff including daily housekeeping, caretaker, and a cook if desired.

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

I enjoyed the rooms a lot myself at the Aventura Lodge. Great staff there. Would like to check out their surf house sometime when there again.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

Hope you found a nice place to stay in SJDS. Unfortunately after 6 days and 5 different places we did not. I´m afraid I can only offer a list of DON´Ts! In particular do not stay in Hospedaje de Soya (smelly and badly equipped) or Casa Romano. Its new and seems clean but the owner has no idea of customer service, its all rules and no welcome. There is no front door key, a curfew and no one to open the door at night anyway. We were not advised that there was a curfew or when and were locked out one night. You can knock on the door all night but no one will hear to open it for you. She did not even apologise the next day when we had to find alternative accomodation at 2am when all our money etc was locked in their guesthouse. Guests are not allowed, she wants to charge them for sitting in the sitting room! She clearly does not want guests, she just wants their money. Better off sleeping on the beach really.

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

Look into La Percha. New house with a modern kitchen 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. Satelite TV, Internet, music system with Ipod docking. It's about 4 miles outside of town. Spectacular oceanfront views. Perched on cliff with waves crashing directly below the house. Private swimming pool. Walking distance to two great swim and surf beaches. The house comes with a full time caretaker and housekeeper. And it's a great deal at $100 per night..

http://www.vrbo.com/302938

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

You might want to consider Park Avenue Villas. This has the flexibility of self catering but is also close enough to walk in to SJDS for restaurants and all the other facilities the town has to offer.

Check out my review and those of others here on TA

Airdrie, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for a nice place to stay

La Posada Azul (The Blue Inn) is perhaps the nicest place in SJDS. I have stayed there both times that I have been to Nicaragua, the longest stay at the hotel was 4 weeks. Amazing breakfast, great service. The staff are all very friendly.