We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sjds/montelimar beach/barcelo question

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sjds/montelimar beach/barcelo question

I'm arriving in Managua memorial day weekend (end of may) and heading straight to sjds.

-does anyone know if the beaches at montelimar are adequate for swimming during this time?

-what is there to do around barcelo montelimar hotel?

-is the beach far from the hotel?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sjds/montelimar beach/barcelo question

Around Montelimar there is not much to do, you will have to go out in a vehicle to sees ome of the sights. While in San Juan del Sur you can go to the nearby beaches whwere you can practice fishing and surfing.

The Beach at Montelimar is ok and it is not far from the hotel. In San Juan del Sur i will highly recommend Casa del Soul

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sjds/montelimar beach/barcelo question

We were at Montelimar last Christmas and had a great time. I loved the beach--wide, clean and no vendors. We got boogie boards at the sports center and had fun riding the waves. But mostly, we just relaxed in the hammocks on the beach.

If you want a lot of activity, then Montelimar may not be a good choice, but if you want a restful vacation on a very nice beach, then you'll enjoy it.

3. Re: sjds/montelimar beach/barcelo question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about San Juan del Sur