We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

usa
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

If we have 7 nights to spend in Nicaragua (flying to MGA) , would it be too much to try and see both sides of the country? This will be in September. We are a honeymooning couple in our 20s/30s and up for an adventure. Swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, meeting cool people, and good food are my priorities. I'd rather not rent a car, but use a transportation service. I can figure out the logistics later, but I'd like advice on my proposed itinerary.

On the Pacific side, I'm thinking of staying at Epalme a las Playas in Playa Marsella or Villas de Palermo.

On Corn Island, perhaps Arenas or Casa Canada.

If both coasts aren't too ambitious, I would do something more social at one place and private/romantic at the other.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

If I were a honeymooning couple I would just do the corn islands and spend 2 nights tops on big corn and 5 on little corn. Casa iguana on little corn is romantic. Arenas wasn't very romantic except for the beach chairs which you can use if you visit the beach and order from the restraunt there I'm pretty sure. Not sure if your other big corn choice is romantic. It was a full day for us traveling from San Juan del sur to corn island and going it the other way would be most of one as well if you did it that way It actually takes quite a bit of time doing the costena air thing. You would probably want to have at at least 5 days on the corn islands and 5 at San Juan to make the travel times worth it unless your travel to Managua from your home is real short and easy and you like being on the move (which you may ?) San Juan was great as well and if you like to hang out in a hipee type town and socialize, go to great restraunts for a great price and visit beaches, then you will probably feeltrike 3 days is kinda short

Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

Go to Big Corn Island and stay at Sea Star Cabanas. You will find a beautiful room right on Long Bay, a beautiful uncrowded beach. We just returned from the Corn Islands and loved our stay there.

Great Falls...
Level Contributor
95 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

It is definitely doable. Depending on what time you fly into MGA - if it is morning - you could fly out the same day to Big Corn Island - spend 3 nights there, fly back to MGA on the afternoon flight, xfer over to SJDS - the drive will take ~2hrs - spend 3 nights there.

I would recommend you use nicaadventures as the go to company for logistics, they offer seamless xfers and will work with you on any itinerary you decide - their markup is fairly minimal and for the seamlessness of it all well worth every penny.

4. Re: SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2012, 18:49
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

Hi AZORWA, that's no problem at all! We put together trips like that all the time for our clients. If you arrive into Managua before 11:30 AM you can fly to Big Corn on the same day, but if not you can stay in Managua or even Granada for your first night and transfer back to the airport for the morning flight the next day. After 3 nights in the Corn Islands, fly back to Managua for a transfer to SJDS (about 2.5 to 3 hours) for the next 4 nights and then back to MGA for home. Check out our website in my profile and you'll see we actually have a package called "Coast to Coast" that pretty much follows that route. Contact us if you want help - we're exactly the same price as going through the hotels directly!

6. Re: SJDS and Corn Island in 8 days? Too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:41