We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on selecting a Spanish school

Melrose, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on selecting a Spanish school

My family and I just returned from a 5 week stay in Nicaragua, primarily in San Juan del Sur. After reviewing all of the language schools online, we picked "Nica Spanish Language School." What a mistake!!! After a week of their poor teachers, dirty school, and money-hungry owners, we switched to "Spanish Ya." It was a welcome improvement. They were professional, accomodating, and extremely nice. Spanish Ya is, in our opinion, the best Spanish school in San Juan del Sur.

Bozeman, Montana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on selecting a Spanish school

Thanks for your advise. I'm very interested in attending a language school in SJDS and was interested, based on the website, in attending Nica Spanish Language School, until I saw your post. There appears to be two schools that have similar web addresses, http://www.nicaspanish.org and http://www.nicaspanish.com, can you tell me which school you didn't like?

Melrose, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on selecting a Spanish school

nicaspanish.com was the school we initially went to, which I would not advise. nicaspanish.org appeared to be a small school, I didn't really hear anything about it when we were there. Again, I do highly recommend Spanish Ya.

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on selecting a Spanish school

I wish I had read your post before I selected a spanish school in San Juan Del Sur. Nica Spanish was a bad experience. A nice web site but poorly run school.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on selecting a Spanish school

you have moe choice in Ganada, I m going back to Casa Xalteva this fall, live with a famiy your $$ goes to the community that also suppot kids

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on selecting a Spanish school

Latin American Spanish school in San Juan del Sur was great. My kids took classes there and I was very impressed with the teachers and the program. Also I believe the teachers are a cooperative so the money goes directly to them. They were awesome!

6. Re: Advice on selecting a Spanish school

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:19