We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Questions?

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Any Questions?

Just got back last week from a trip all over Nica. I know how hard it was trying to find answers to my questions before I left soooooo if you have any questions at all, ask away! I also get to re-live my trip so pick my brain.

I like to think we did almost everything we could in the two weeks we were there from hiking Mambacho (sp) volcano, horse back riding near Giganta, sea kyakaking on Lagoona de Apoyo, shopping in Masaya, snorkeling on Little Corn Island and much much more.

Have a great trip!

-Cris

fort lauderdale
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Questions?

did you get down to madera or masella, my wife and i are thinking of buying there

Madison, WI
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Questions?

What were the highlights for you? Did you go to San Juan Del Sur or any other beach that you'd recommend? How did you get from town to town?

Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Questions?

We rented a car at the airport to get around. It was the best way to see everything we wanted to see in the two weeks we were there. Dont get gas at the gas station next to the airport unless you speak good spanish. They will try and rip you off!

One of my favorite spots was Lagoona de Apoyo. A must see! Fresh water to swim in, it was a nice change from the salt water beaches. Blue water also. Also recommend Little Corn Island, most beautiful island Ive ever seen. Casa Iguana was a nice place to stay, a bit more a night then others ($45. own room) but well worth it. Ask them where you can buy some Coconut Bread. Mmmmm.

Madison, WI
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Questions?

In what town is Case Iguana? Did you stay at Narome on Laguna Apoyo?

Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Questions?

Casa Iguana is on Little Corn Island. You have to take a puddle jumper from Managua airport its outside from the main airport. Two airlines to choose from, go with the one right when you walk in the door to your right. Dont have the name right now.

We stayed right on Lagoona de Apoyo. It was nice to wake up and have the water right there. We stayed on the left side when you come down the big hill into the Lake. It was called Ecological de Apoyo, I think Im missing a word in there somewhere but it was down the dirt road and you cant miss it, it was beautiful.

When are you going?

Madison, WI
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Questions?

I am going on July 26th. We splurged at Narome on Laguna Apoyo last time we were there so I'd like to find out about your option. Did your place have boats to use, a place where you can swim etc? Where do you take your meals? Could you see the howler monkeys where you stayed. I want my sister to see those and we saw lots at Narome. Thanks for your help. We won't get to Little Corn Island. Our plan is to go to Granada, where my son is teaching homeless kids. We'll take in Mombacho and the canopy tour, a night in San Juan Del Sur, Laguna Apoyo, Santa Catarina and Masaya. If you have something you think we shouldn't miss let me know!

Ann

Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Questions?

The place we stayed at, La posada de egologica de la abuela did have two kyaks that have seen better days. They did have a huge deck you could jump off of and hang out on and they also have a very nice menu and it wasent even that expensive. We didnt see any howler monkeys except for the one that lives there and has a tree house but he is on a long rope so he doesnt steal your food.

If you can try and take some school supplies when you go. We took two duffle bags full of things they might need and handed it out to schools along the way. They loved it!

One more thing, when you go to Granada dont go to the Flea Market that is on the edge of town (dark one) only go to the Flea Market that is in the middle of town (outside and well lit) much safer. Ive heard that you can get pick pocketted very easily at the other.

Enjoy!

Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Questions?

How much was your place at Narome?

Madison, WI
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Questions?

The room at Narome was about $85. but just beautiful. Probably one of the nicest places I've ever stayed.

Madison, WI
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Questions?

Cams, when you rented the car did you get one that was good for the difficult dirt roads? I am thinking that driving in the wet season may be more challenging because of poor road conditions. I know the main roads will not be a problem, but know that going to Narome the road is very bad. Was it really expensive to rent?