We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

homestays available??

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
homestays available??

Hello all,

Coming to SJDS on the 31st of January with no set plans but do not speak Spanish and in just coming to this site, read of homestays where a gringo obviously stays with a native family in order to learn the language and culture. How does one avail themselves to such a situation and is such available in San Juan del Sur?

Thanks,

Buck

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: homestays available??

Hello buck2232,

I was going to leave this to the local experts, which I certainly am NOT, but since you haven't had a reply yet, here I go. There may be a way to organize a local homestay on your own, but the way I am familiar with is by studying at a Spanish language school. All these schools offer Spanish lessons plus homestays and other activities. The prices are very reasonable for what you get. If you're interested, try searching for San Juan Del Sur Spanish school and see if you can find something that works for you.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: homestays available??

Thank you so much for that info; mighty nice of you to take your time to assist me.

3. Re: homestays available??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about San Juan del Sur