We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap accommodation in SJDS?

Como
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
cheap accommodation in SJDS?

HI,

I'm looking for a cheap accomodation for 1 month in SjDS (i don't know if would be better to stay in sjds or on the beach side, I guess both options are ok or am I wrong?),

everything is ok, I don't need luxury, but I need at least a single room with bathroom (no shared).

Any suggestion??

thank you so much

Kelowna, British...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

I stayed at Brisas y olas. Clean private bath for $25 per night. It was never too hot or too cold which = luxury

Capitola, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

We visited SJDS a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at Rositas hostel, a block from the beach. It was very comfortable and had a nice upper porch area. Good Wifi, TV with cables. Very good price, the owner wasnt overly friendly, but it didn't bother us.

http://rositashotel.com/

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

Why do you wanna stay on the worst place of Nicaragua a hole months...a Travelled 4 months all over in Nicaragua...and stayes one night there and even that was to much...Its a tourist trap...

Avoid this place...starts looking like Rimini in Italy....

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

i just stayed there a couple nights ago. Stayed at Ninas Hostel, about 3 blocks from the beach. 3 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom room for 20 bucks a night. 7 bucks per person. Clean, super nice lady owns it.

There is a place a block closer to the beach on the same street, i forget the name, Joxi hotel. dorm rooms for 5 bucks per person, if you just want a bed.

Como
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

thank you very much.

@salta2 can you suggest something not so touristic where to surf and with a little bit of nightlife?

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

Penitas Beach is nice has a few bars and is good for surf..

7. Re: cheap accommodation in SJDS?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about San Juan del Sur